Our Client is a leading provider of Airfield Services to both Military and Civil in the UK and International market place. And they now require a Support & Application Engineer
The candidate for this position will support in the design and testing of control system projects and modifications near Lutterworth & airports around the world.
The engineer will support the engineering departments based in the North-West and South-East when required.
After an initial training period it is anticipated that the role will be a 50/50 split between site work and office based design work.
The engineer will provide support to the senior engineers commissioning and site modifications. In addition to this routine service work will be carried out.
The role will be office based primarily at Lutterworth and travel to other locations is an essential requirement.
Design would include configuration modifications, HMI mimic design, PLC programming, setting up of hardware, cubicle design, Verification & Factory acceptance testing.
- Design and analysis of relay based control systems
- Programming based design
- Good communication skills and ability to document own work
- Self-driven, results orientated with a positive outlook and a clear focus on delivering high quality solutions
- Ability to deal with suppliers, internal and external customers
- Able to work independently and as part of a team
- Flexible attitude
- Ambitious to develop as an individual and as an engineer
- Keen to deliver solutions to customer requirements
- Network architecture and fibre optic equipment
- PLC, High level or Embedded programming
- Electrical understanding circuit diagrams and PCB interpretation
- PC literate, advanced user of MS Office products or similar
- Self driven and initiative taker
- Clear focus on high quality
- Customer focussed
- Excellent communicator at all levels
- Analytical and results focussed