An exciting opportunity to join Rosedale and Kirkley Mill Surgeries as an Apprentice Administrator with reception duties.
The successful applicant will be required to work as a key member of our staff, if you are looking for a new challenge and a qualification - then we are the place for you!
The applicant will need to be able to work accurately and at pace in a multi-tasking environment, whilst maintaining excellent customer service skills showing empathy to the patients and dealing with all queries in a timely manner. Flexibility is also key within a small team.
We are looking for a full time candidate that is able to work during our working hours 8.30am - 6.30 pm, so applicants would need to be able to start and finish at these times, depending on their shifts.
We offer you: Competitive pay, 5 weeks annual leave plus bank holidays, NHS pension, Uniform, Complimentary Refreshments (all tea, coffee, water cooler), free parking, training opportunities and development, annual salary review, social events, structured environment with regular appraisal and feedback.
The successful applicant will also experience a full induction program, and supported learning with a mentor system, until confidence is gained.
Main duties of the job
The main duties associated with the role are:
- To provide a courteous and efficient reception service to patients, carers andvisitors within the Practice ensuring:
- Patients access the primary care services they require in a timely fashion.
- Visitors sign in and out and the member of staff they are seeing are advised of their arrival.
- The tidiness of the waiting room and the safety of its inhabitants.
- Queries are answered or passed to an appropriate member of staff in a timely fashion.
- Accurately updating patient records using System-One.
- Taking action as requested by doctors and the nursing team.
- Phoning patients to arrange/rearrange appointments and/or confirm test results.
- Supporting the provision of a seamless co-ordinated multidisciplinary service through good communication
- Sending and receiving patient notes.
- Reviewing patient notes and learning to add information into the clinical system.
and any other tasks/duties as requested by the Office Manager and wider administrative team.
Rosedale partnership is a well-established 2 site surgery with 11 GP partners, 2 salaried GPs and a full wider healthcare team. We are an active member of the Lowestoft Primary Care Network. We have a growing list of 22,500 patients, we are training practices for GP Registrars, medical undergraduates, nurses and pharmacists.
The clinical team is supported by a skilled and well organised administration team.
We use SystmOne for our Clinical system, and also utilise various digital platforms such as Accurx and Footfall to support our processes.
We are a well established training Practice and welcome students from UEA and Cambridge for placements.
If this sounds like a perfect job for you then please get in touch.
27 November 2023
£5.28 an hour National Apprenticeship Pay
Kirkley Mill Health Centre