Are you looking to start your career in Customer Service whilst gaining a Level 2 Customer Service Practitioner Apprenticeship?
FedEx are looking for people-focused Apprentices to join their team of Customer Care Representatives, who together provide advice, services and solutions for our Customers. As an Apprentice Customer Care Representative, you will be providing an outstanding service through our voice, chat and email customer contact channels.
The FedEx Apprentice role is a fantastic opportunity to start a career with us. The journey will involve learning our frontline voice, chat and email contact channels, as well as days shadowing management and joining project meetings in order to obtain a real understanding of the Care Centre as a whole.
If you are passionate about providing an outstanding customer experience and looking to start your career within this industry then please apply, all applications will be considered. We will provide all training required and ensure that you are fully supported and guided throughout your Apprenticeship journey.
What we will offer you
- Attractive Apprenticeship salary of £20,319
- A starting balance of 23 holiday days, accruing additional days with length of service
- Structured career progression
- Fun working environment
- Free onsite parking
- Health scheme
- Life assurance (4 x annual salary)
- Corporate benefits
FedEx was built on a philosophy that puts people first, one we take seriously. We are an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce in which we provide growth opportunities for all.
As an Apprentice you will be completing a Level 2 Customer Service Practitioner Apprenticeship with Inspiro Learning.
You can start an apprenticeship whether you’re starting your career, want a change or you're upskilling in your current job. You can have a previous qualification like a degree and still start an apprenticeship.
As an apprentice you’ll:
- have regular one to one sessions with a dedicated trainer either remotely or through visits to your workplace
- learn and train for a specific job
- get paid and receive holiday leave
- get hands-on experience in a real job
- study for at least 20% of your working hours
- complete assessments during and at the end of your apprenticeship
- be on a career path with lots of future potential
- be entitled to an NUS card https://www.apprenticeextra.co.uk/