Salary: From 27,000 per annum plus Veolia benefits
Programme Duration: 2 years
When you see the world as we do, you see the chance to help the world take better care of its resources, and help it become a better place for everyone.
Through our graduate scheme you'll help us to achieve our purpose of Ecological Transformation and build a career we can be proud of. No matter what role you have, when you join us you can play a key role in achieving our vision, and we can make yours happen too.
We know that everyone here at Veolia can help us work alongside our communities, look after the environment in small and big ways, and contribute towards our inclusive culture.
What we can offer you;
- 25 days of annual leave
- Ongoing training and development opportunities, allowing you to reach your full potential
- Onsite facilities including a free gym, parking and subsidised restaurant
- Access to our company pension scheme
- Discounts on everything from groceries to well-known retailers
- One paid days leave every year to volunteer and support your community
- Access to a range of resources to support your physical, mental and financial health; so you can lean on us whenever you need to
- 24-hour access to a virtual GP, 365 days a year, for you and family members in your household
During this programme, you'll gain valuable insight into our services and strategic projects and we'll help you to further develop your skills and knowledge so that you can succeed in your career. You'll also join our graduate network and receive our continued support throughout.
We're strong believers in continuous development here at Veolia and actively encourage and support everyone to keep going after you finish the programme.
What you'll be doing;
- Provide accounting and administrative support to Financial Controllers along with the wider finance team.
- Gain experience from the current team to grow within the region with a view to eventually taking on responsibility for some of the contracts.
- Support with regional reporting and accounts management.
- Conduct analytical reviews and provide operational support.
- Support with monthly reconciliation of payroll expenses, budgeting, forecasting and audit queries.
- Compliance with all Veolia policies and procedures.
- Support the wider finance team with other ad-hoc projects.
What we're looking for;
- Degree-level qualification in Finance, Accountancy or business-related subject (to be achieved by September 2024)
- Someone who will be willing to Work towards an accountancy qualification with a recognised UK accounting body e.g AAT, ACA, ACCA, CIMA.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Good analytical and attention to detail skills.
- Comfortable with using Google and/or Microsoft products - Excel in particular.
- Willingness to learn and develop new skills.
Before we can consider your application further, you'll need to complete a couple of short, gamified assessments. If you're successful following this, we'll then invite you to one of our virtual assessment days and a site visit.
Apply today, so we can make a difference for generations to come.
We're proud to be listed in The Sunday Times Best Places to Work 2023, being named as a Top 10 Very Big Organisation and Highly Commended as a workplace for 55+.
This accolade further demonstrates our commitment to our people and our actions in creating an environment where everyone can be their true selves and enjoy working at Veolia.
We want to ensure that you feel supported throughout the application process and provide reasonable adjustments where necessary and requested. If you require any reasonable adjustments as part of your application and interview process please do not hesitate to let us know.
Here at Veolia, we're proud to be known as an equal opportunities employer. We know how important it is to be fully committed to building and maintaining a diverse and inclusive place to work for every one of our colleagues. So no matter their age, gender, gender expression, disability, race, ethnicity, religion, belief, sexuality or veteran status, every applicant who meets the minimum requirements will be considered fully.