Salary: Starting from 27,000 plus Veolia benefits
Location: North Scotland
Programme Duration: 2-year programme starting in September 2024
Candidate shortlisting will take place on w/c 27th of November 2023 and assessment days will take place between w/c 4th and 8th of December 2023.
When you see the world as we do, you see the chance to help the world take better care of its resources, and help it become a better place for everyone.
Through our graduate scheme, you'll help us to achieve our purpose of Ecological Transformation and build a career we can be proud of. No matter what role you have, when you join us you can play a key role in achieving our vision, and we can make yours happen too.
We know that everyone here at Veolia can help us work alongside our communities, look after the environment in small and big ways, and contribute towards our inclusive culture.
What we can offer you;
- 25 days of annual leave
- Ongoing training and development opportunities, allowing you to reach your full potential
- Access to our company pension scheme and life assurance
- One paid days leave every year to volunteer and support your community
- Access to a range of resources to support your physical, mental and financial health; so you can lean on us whenever you need to
- 24-hour access to a virtual GP, 365 days a year, for you and family members in your household
- Discounts on everything from groceries to well-known retailers
During this programme, you'll gain valuable insight into our services and strategic projects and we'll help you to further develop your skills and knowledge so that you can succeed in your career. You'll also join our graduate network and receive our continued support throughout.
Based within our commercial team you will have exposure to the full contract lifecycle from supporting bids, through design, build, operations and maintenance to contract closeout or renewal.
Veolia's Industrial, Water and Energy customers in the North of Scotland will be at the heart of this role, although there will also be exposure to some of Veolia's customers across the rest of Scotland.
We're strong believers in continuous development here at Veolia and actively encourage and support everyone to keep going after you finish the programme.
What you'll be doing;
- Support the Commercial Manager with a number of contracts, bids and processes.
- Ensure that at all times the commercial interests of the delivery team are protected by learning all about commercial best practices.
- Demonstrate awareness of and assist the site team to ensure that we comply with all HSEQ and statutory regulations.
- Ability to manage change.
- Learn to draft, measure, value and agree sub-contracts.
- Negotiate with contractors and subcontractors.
- Provide support with tenders and bids.
- Provide timely and good quality management reports to the Head of Commercial and the senior leadership team.
- Commercial support to other internal business departments.
- Develop internal stakeholders' commercial awareness.
What we're looking for;
- Degree level qualification in Business Management or Business related degree (to be achieved by September 2024)
- Passionate about the commercial field with a positive attitude
- Willingness to travel with occasional stays away from home
- Strong communication, numeracy and reasoning skills
- Works well with others, supports team objectives and has the ability to influence others
- A proactive and self-motivated individual who is curious, keen to learn, and relishes a challenge
- Full clean driving licence
Before we can consider your application further, you'll need to complete a couple of short, gamified assessments. If you're successful following this, we'll then invite you to one of our virtual assessment days and a site visit.
Apply today, so we can make a difference for generations to come.
We're proud to be listed in The Sunday Times Best Places to Work 2023, being named as a Top 10 Very Big Organisation and Highly Commended as a workplace for 55+.
This accolade further demonstrates our commitment to our people and our actions in creating an environment where everyone can be their true selves and enjoy working at Veolia.
We want to ensure that you feel supported throughout the application process and provide reasonable adjustments where necessary and requested. If you require any reasonable adjustments as part of your application and interview process please do not hesitate to let us know.
Here at Veolia, we're proud to be known as an equal opportunities employer. We know how important it is to be fully committed to building and maintaining a diverse and inclusive place to work for every one of our colleagues. So no matter their age, gender, gender expression, disability, race, ethnicity, religion, belief, sexuality or veteran status, every applicant who meets the minimum requirements will be considered fully.