Job Title: Apprentice and Development Manager
Location: UK, Flexible + Travel to UK sites
Compensation: 47,000 + Company Car/Allowance + Attractive Benefits
Role Type: Full time / Permanent
Role ID: SF54638
At Babcock we're working to create a safe and secure world, together, and if you join us, you can play your part as an Apprentice and Development Manager.
As an Apprentice and Development Manager, you'll have a role that's out of the ordinary. You'll manage the apprenticeship and leadership development programmes to bring new capabilities and diverse talent into the business.
Day to day, you'll onboard and partner with providers to build new and appropriate delivery models that meets business needs, partner with stakeholders to provide guidance, support and advice, monitor and report on performance of apprenticeships across sites and ensure we continue to deliver high quality and industry relevant qualifications.
- Build strong relationships and work with key stakeholders, specifically the Babcock Early Careers teams, and external organisations to develop the apprenticeship and career development programmes delivered by us
- Implement, manage, and lead an apprentice safeguarding system
- Ensure the apprentice placements deliver the required output to meet both business and individual needs
- Engaging with internal and external stakeholders on the benefits of the apprentice and development programmes
- Partnership working with the local training providers and colleges our apprentices attend
- Liaison with all stakeholders for the provision of a robust safeguarding and wellbeing system for all apprentices
This role is full time, 37 hours per week. The successful candidate can work from any compliant Babcock site or location with a flexible, agile working arrangement. There is a requirement to travel across a range of internal and customer sites as part of the role.
Essential experience of the Apprentice and Development Manager:
- Relevant practical experience in the specialist field (leading apprenticeship programs)
- Excellent analytical skills, ability to evaluate and interpret complex sets of information, drawing conclusions and recommending practical solutions
Qualifications for the Apprentice and Development Manager:
- Level 5 qualification in CIPD/Coaching & Mentoring, or extensive occupational competence
- Recognised Health and Safety qualification - Level 3 or above
- An instructional qualification, backed up by experience in an instructional role
The successful candidate must be able to achieve SC security clearance for this role.
- Generous holiday allowance
- Competitive pension scheme with life assurance
- Employee share scheme
- Employee shopping savings portal
- Payment of Professional Fees
- Reservists in the armed forces receive 10-days special paid leave
- Holiday Trading is a benefit that allows the majority of employees to buy additional leave or to sell up to one working week of annual leave from their annual entitlement
- 'Be Kind Day' enables employees to take one working day's paid leave a year (or equivalent hours) to undertake volunteering work with their chosen organisation or registered charity
For over a century Babcock International have helped to defend nations, protect communities and build a better world. To continue, we must adapt, advance and be a sustainable business with a shared goal.
If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages, please let us know. We're committed to building an inclusive culture where everyone's free to thrive. We are happy to talk about flexible working - please ask about alternative patterns of work at interview.
Closing date: 24/11/23