Position: HGV - Apprenticeship Coach
Type: Full-Time, Permanent (37.5 hours per week, Mon-Fri)
Location: Birmingham, Wolverhampton
Salary: GBP36,000 - GBP50,000 per annum (Depending on Experience & Qualifications)
Trigon Recruitment is excited to present an exceptional opportunity for an experienced Heavy Goods Vehicle (HGV) Coach. Our client, a prominent training provider with a 30-year legacy, specializes in delivering study programs and apprenticeships. Operating across the West Midlands and East of England, they offer a wide array of educational options for learners aged 14-24. Their unwavering commitment to quality has earned them a Good rating from Ofsted across all aspects of their provision.
As an HGV - Apprenticeship Coach, you will hold a pivotal role in delivering HGV maintenance and repair training as part of the Motor Vehicle standards offer. You'll contribute to achieving targets set by our client and the ESFA by delivering the new Motor Vehicle standards across the Birmingham and Wolverhampton region. In this role, you'll embed Functional Skills (Maths and English) curriculum standards and perform face-to-face and remote teaching assessments using Google Meets. Conducting End Point Assessments and mock visits are integral components of this role.
- Develop learners' abilities, knowledge, skills, behaviors, and confidence through coaching, training, and assessment, enabling them to work independently and effectively within the apprenticeship program.
- Execute 2nd stage sign-up procedures as necessary.
- Regularly maintain and check the E-portfolio for "off the job" training records, ensuring a comprehensive record of at least 20% of apprentices' paid hours.
- Assess learner progress regularly according to awarding organization, End Point Assessment, and Ofsted/CIF criteria.
- Engage learners in decision-making processes through reviews, learner voice forums, and surveys.
- Level 3 vocational qualification (or evidence of occupational competence) with TA element of TAQA (or A1)
- Experience in delivering Functional Skills or Maths and English to Level 2
- At least 3 years of industry occupational competence
- Relevant vocational experience and qualifications in HGV Maintenance
- Preferable previous experience working in an education setting
- Full, clean UK Driving License
- 25 days holiday entitlement, increasing to 30 with length of service
- Holiday Purchase Scheme option to purchase an additional 2 weeks' holiday per year
- Employee Assistance Programme 24/7 support for you, direct family members, and dependents over 16
- Employee Referral Scheme potential to earn up to GBP500 for successful referrals
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Employee Discount Scheme significant savings on various purchases
- Opportunity to contribute to young people's growth and development
Trigon Recruitment appreciates the substantial interest in our advertised roles. Regrettably, due to the high volume of applications, we may not be able to provide feedback to unsuccessful candidates within 7 days. Thank you for your interest, and for future opportunities, kindly explore our website and Indeed. To learn more, please contact Robert Rowe at (phone number removed) or send CVs to (url removed).