What you will do in your working day
The training you will be getting
- Working across our civil, structural and geotechnical departments
- Assist the team with a range of technical drawings, calculations and reports using a range of software packages.
- Attend site visits and meetings under the supervision of senior staff.
- Work on a wide range of construction / civil engineering type projects across multiple industry sectors (predominantly North East).
What to expect at the end of your apprenticeship
- BEng (Hons) degree in Civil Engineering.
- Level 6 University Apprenticeship.
- Incorporated Engineer professional membership of the ICE and Engineering Council.
- Training will be provided on day release at Northumbria University combined with on the job learning.
- Option to progress in your professional career as a Civil Engineer.
- Option to progress in your academic career through further training or professional reviews.
Requirements and prospects Desired skills and personal qualities
Communication skills, IT skills, Attention to detail, Organisation skills, Problem solving skills, Number skills, Analytical skills, Logical, Team working, Initiative Qualifications
GCSE or equivalent English Language (Grade 4) Essential
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4) Essential
A Level or equivalent Any subject (Grade B) Essential
A Level or equivalent Maths (Grade B) Essential
A Level or equivalent Other analytical science subject (Grade B) Essential Things to consider
You will occasionally be required to attend site visits or complete short periods of working outside i.e. site meetings, visits, inspections etc.