What you will do in your working day
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a world-renowned company, learn first-hand from industry-experts and build the foundations of your new career right here in the North-West. At Bank of America, you can expect:
- To join an exceptional and supportive team, working alongside colleagues from around the globe.
- Extensive career mobility opportunities and dedicated resources to support your on-going development and future career planning.
- High-performance to be rewarded.
- A commitment to celebrating diversity in thought, style, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, race, ethnicity, culture, religion, age, ability, and experience.
- Opportunity to give back to your community, develop new skills and work with new groups of people by volunteering in your local community.
As an apprentice, your key tasks and responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
The training you will be getting
- Gain front to back understanding of the businesses being supported and building relationships with key internal partners including Technology, Finance, Risk, Front Office and other Operational teams
- Build and manage relationships with clients and external service providers
- Understand the front to back processes within the team and the associated risks and controls
- Contribute to the daily processing of the trade lifecycle across a wide range of financial products
- Contribute to the production and analysis of performance metrics
- Engage in the continuous improvement of the end to end operating environment
Our apprentice programme starts in February 2024. We are currently looking for motivated and control focused Apprentices to join our Global Markets Operations team in Chester in a full-time role whilst studying the Level 4 Investment Operations Specialist apprenticeship standard.
Delivery method TBCWhat to expect at the end of your apprenticeship
Upon completion there will be a number of interesting roles that apprentices can apply to within the banking and finance industry; depending upon areas of interest.
Requirements and prospects Desired skills and personal qualities
Communication skills, IT skills, Attention to detail, Organisation skills, Customer care skills, Problem solving skills, Presentation skills, Administrative skills, Number skills, Analytical skills, Logical, Team working, Initiative, Non judgemental, Patience Qualifications
GCSE or equivalent English (Grade 6) Essential
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 6) Essential