What you will do in your working day
The training you will be getting
- Create and maintain comprehensive test cases, test scripts, and test data that cover various aspects of the software, including functionality, performance, security, and usability.
- Execute test cases and record test results systematically. Identify defects, track them in a defect tracking system, and work with developers to ensure timely resolution.
- Conduct regression testing to verify that software changes and updates do not introduce new defects or negatively impact existing functionality.
- Contribute to test automation efforts by creating and maintaining automated test scripts using relevant tools and frameworks.
- Maintain detailed documentation of test plans, test cases, and test results. Ensure that testing processes are well-documented and easily accessible to team members.
- Actively participate in code reviews and provide feedback to developers regarding code quality and potential issues.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including developers, product managers, and business analysts, end users, to ensure a shared understanding of project requirements and quality goals.
- Stay updated on industry best practices and emerging testing methodologies. Suggest process improvements to enhance the overall quality assurance process.
- Generate and distribute test reports to project stakeholders, including management, to communicate the status of testing efforts and any identified issues.
Estio apprenticeship training programmes are delivered virtually by our fully qualified and industry experienced training team. Using their expert knowledge, we've purposefully built our programmes around the real-world use of modern technology, so that the skills we create can be directly applied in the workplace.
Throughout the apprenticeship learners receive coaching, help and guidance from a dedicated team who are there to ensure they get the most from their work experience.
Successful completion of this apprenticeship gives you an accredited Level 4 Software Tester, with training in how to:
What to expect at the end of your apprenticeship
- Ensure that the software used within your business operates as intended.
- Design and prepare test plans and conduct software testing as appropriate to ensure your software is fit for purpose.
- Collect and interpret the results of testing and make appropriate recommendations.
- Understand the software lifecycle and apply software development practices.
- Document and report test results.
- Store, manage and share test data in a secure manner.
The role offers long term security and the opportunity to progress into a permanent position.
Requirements and prospects Desired skills and personal qualities
Communication skills, Attention to detail, Organisation skills, Problem solving skills, Team working, Critical thinker, Interpersonal skills, Detail-oriented mindset, Confidence, Strong motivation, Desire to learn new skills, Passion for technology Qualifications
GCSE or equivalent English (Grade A*-C/9-4 or equivalent) Essential
GCSE or equivalent maths (Grade A*-C/9-4 or equivalent) Essential Things to consider
Fluent in both written and spoken English.