What you will do in your working day
The training you will be getting
- C# Development: Engage in formal training and on-the-job learning to develop Windows-based applications using C#. Work closely with the team to contribute to the entire software development life cycle, from concept and design to testing and deployment.
- LabVIEW Development: Undergo training in LabVIEW to interface with measurement and control hardware. Apply this knowledge to contribute to projects involving hardware integration, data acquisition, and control systems.
- Learning and Development: Actively participate in a structured apprenticeship program, seeking mentorship from the Senior Engineers. Demonstrate a commitment to personal and professional growth by embracing opportunities for skill development and learning.
- Project Support: Contribute to the execution of software and hardware projects, ensuring quality standards are met, and supporting the team to deliver projects on time and within budget.
- Process Improvement: Collaborate with the Senior Engineers to enhance existing processes and procedures. Contribute to the development of code reuse libraries, design patterns, frameworks, and developer tools to promote efficiency and maintainability of software systems.
- Quality Assurance Support: Assist in implementing best practices such as Unit Testing, Test Driven Development, and Continuous Integration to ensure the reliability and robustness of solutions.
- Task Execution: Execute tasks assigned by the Senior Engineers efficiently and effectively. This includes coding, testing, documentation, and other responsibilities related to project delivery and process improvement.
Firebrand's sector leading Software Developer (L4SD) Apprenticeship Programme develops apprentices to become competent software developers, working across the front-end, logic and data layers.
Apprentices develop a deeper understanding of key software development processes and practices allowing operation at all stages of the software development lifecycle, including design, development, testing, deployment, and maintenance.
The apprentice will learn advanced programming skills, including object-oriented concepts, use of automated testing tools and secure development principles and practices in order to develop high-quality and secure software.
Firebrands course is delivered either Online (online live instructor led), or face to face in the classroom environment (your choice).Our Subject Matter Experts (SMEs), Learning Mentors (LMs) and world-leading trainers prepare apprentices to work across multiple sectors.
Completion of this apprenticeship will provide learners with the following world class vendor certifications in addition to the Software Developer apprenticeship:
- BCS Level 4 Diploma in Software Development Methodologies
- CertNexus Cyber Secure Coder
- Industry recognised certification in one of Java or Python
Key areas covered are:
What to expect at the end of your apprenticeship
- Software Development Lifecycles
- Effective Team Working
- Problem Solving
- Logic and data structures
- Sorting & Searching algorithms
- Critical sections and race conditions
- Relational and non-relational databases
- Software designs and functional or technical specifications
- Software testing frameworks and methodologies
The role offers a permanent role upon completion of the apprenticeship depending on performance.
A real opportunity to join and grow within a friendly and experience team that are passionate about your professional development. Supporting the companies continued growth and desire to increase their software development team. This position will be an exciting chance to gain experience in a range of software development process that will prove invaluable!
Requirements and prospects Desired skills and personal qualities
Communication skills, Team working, Willingness to learn, Enthusiastic, Commitment, Understanding of C#, Interest in LabVIEW, A proactive attitude, Can do attitude, Curious Qualifications
GCSE or equivalent English (Grade (A*-C/9-4 or equivalent)) Essential
GCSE or equivalent maths (Grade (A*-C/9-4 or equivalent)) Essential