What you will do in your working day
Duties will include:
- To be actively involved in every session
- To help build confidence in the children and leaders with positive communications
- To coach a small group of children efficiently with minimal input
- To deal with behavior issues correctly using the EAC guidelines
- To be effective and adaptable when working within a team
- To ensure no child is overlooked
- To clearly explain and describe all activities clearly
The coach will learn to apply this knowledge in work environments and be able to demonstrate the following skills:
The training you will be getting
- Planning and adapting sessions and activities that respond to customer feedback and encourage customers to develop a lifelong activity habit
- Coaching or leading pre-planned sport or physical activity sessions that are attractive to the target audience(s) and develop motivational relationships with customers
- Promoting a physical activity offer, (including but not exclusively) organised play and sport in the community which supports individuals on their behaviour change journey
- Working collaboratively with sports clubs and other community assets, including volunteers, public services, youth workers, the police and community champions
- Supporting customers to co-produce rewarding volunteering opportunities
- Supporting families to participate together in sport and physical activity
- Working effectively with customer insight to overcome individual, community and societal barriers to participation in physical activity and sport
What to expect at the end of your apprenticeship
- You will work towards your Level 4 Sports Coach qualification across a total duration of 21 months!
- Training provider: LMP Group (Rated 3rd best apprenticeship training provider across the UK)!
- All online / remote learning, no classroom or college day release
- An allocated tutor will support you throughout the apprenticeship and arrange monthly online sessions
Potential to be offered a full-time position upon completion of the apprenticeship.
Requirements and prospects Desired skills and personal qualities
Communication skills, Attention to detail, Organisation skills, Customer care skills, Problem solving skills, Presentation skills, Logical, Team working, Creative, Initiative, Non judgemental, Patience, Physical fitness Qualifications
GCSE or equivalent English (Grade C/4 or above or Level 2) Essential
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade C/4 or above or Level 2) Essential Things to consider
Successful applicants will require a full DBS check. Please ensure you can commute to the work place.