What you will do in your working day
This role is a training role, during which you will follow the syllabus of the Facilities Manager Level 4 Apprenticeship (Facilities manager (level 4) - apprenticeship training course (education.gov.uk)).
You will receive guidance, support, and opportunities to help you fulfil the key requirements of the role.
· Assist in the project-management of buildings related capital contracts from feasibility to final account, the implementation of remedial works through the Measured Term Maintenance Contract and the development of the annual Schedule of Planned Maintenance, Service Contracts and Minor Improvement works.
· Assist in ensuring that all services are obtained on cost-effective terms and appropriate to the needs of the combined services and are appropriate in relation to professional standards, and that they are managed within budget and financial compliance.
· Assist in ensuring that environmental issues, conservation of energy and water, health and safety, quality and value for money issues are considered in the management and development of the estate.
· Assist in ensuring that statutory obligations in relation to estates management are identified and adhered to, through the application of audit, performance measurement and management.
· Support activities and collate relevant data to ensure that all estates-related services required by each of the services are obtained and managed effectively in accordance with contracts or Service Level Agreements, on cost-effective terms and to high level of professional standards.
· Work collaboratively with colleagues across the Assets team to ensure the Assets business plan is delivered and that services are delivered through best practice effectively and efficiently and without duplication.
· Ensure that the service is delivered in compliance with financial regulations, planning and building regulations and legislation relating to estate matters.
· To represent the combined services at site meetings, ensuring the interests of the services are represented and being an ambassador for the services at the same time.
The training you will be getting
Level Four Facilities Manager apprenticeship
Functional skills in maths and English (if required)
The apprenticeship training will be provided through online learning
Training and development will take place in the workplace
What to expect at the end of your apprenticeship
On successful completion of the apprenticeship this will lead to a permanent role within our Estates team. This is dependent on your performance and role availability.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
Communication skills, IT skills, Attention to detail, Customer care skills, Problem solving skills, Interpersonal skills
GCSE or equivalent English (Grade 4-9 or A*-C) Desired
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4-9 or A*-C) Desired
Things to consider
You should be aware or keen to learn the general principles of: · capital works · measured term maintenance contracts · budget management and budget control · current legislation related to building, facilities management and health & safety You will be prepared to undertake self-development, potentially leading to application for membership of the CIOB, RICS or IWFM. You will have a desire to pursue a career in the building or facilities management industry. Eligibility: You must: · be a British Citizen, an EC / EEA national or a Commonwealth citizen, or a foreign national with no restrictions on your stay in the UK · have had a minimum of 3 years continuous residency in the UK (some roles will require five years continuous residency), with less than 12 months spend abroad in the last three years (with some exceptions for those living on a UK military base) · have no criminal convictions (minor offences will be considered on an individual basis) · have not been declared bankrupt or have outstanding County Court judgments.