About the apprenticeship
• Site preparation: Preparing construction sites or outdoor areas for various projects. This may involve cleaning debris, removing obstacles, erecting temporary fencing and levelling the ground.
• Excavation and trenching: Learn how to dig, grade and batter trenches and excavations for utilities, foundations, and drainage systems.
• Paving, Kerbing and Surfacing: Learn to lay path edges, kerbs, spread and level asphalt, concreting, etc.
• General Labour: Perform various physical tasks such as carrying materials, assisting tradespeople, operating tools and mixing cement
• Fencing: Learn to erect different fencing types, including digging post holes, installing, levelling and securing fence posts and securing fence panels
• Plant & Equipment: Learn to operate and maintain ground preparation equipment including, roller, dumper, mini loader, etc.
Unfortunately, due to the varying location of sites and the nature of business, we can only accept candidates with driving licences.
• Eagerness to learn
• Strong work ethic
• Good communication skills
• Team player
• Problem solving skills
• Attention to detail
• Positive Attitude
Welsh Spoken Skills: No Welsh Written Skills: No
Gower College Swansea
Training provider course:
Level 2 construction Civil Engineering. Pathway 1 - Construction Operations.
About the employer
South Wales Sports Grounds
No, we are not part of the Disability Confident Scheme from the UK Department for Work and Pensions.
Please note that all apprenticeships are open to everyone. However, some organisations have worked to achieve Disability Confident accreditation. You should always apply for the apprenticeship you feel best suited to.