Loreto College is a Roman Catholic sixth form college in Hulme, Manchester, England.
We are committed to enabling students to develop academically, spiritually and personally in education after high school.
Loreto College are currently looking for an IT Support Technician Apprentice.
The Apprentice will work as part of a team to assist staff and students in using all forms of IT equipment in the College and assist in the running and development of the College IT infrastructure.
The Apprentice will report to the Principal through the Head of Information Systems and Network Manager & IT Support Team Leader.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide 1st line IT support to staff and students
- Use the college Service Desk solution to manage and prioritise your workload under the direction of the IT Support Team Leader
- Install and support college IT hardware - computers, printers, telephones
- Provide support for applications deployed to college devices
- Use Active Directory to create and modify users and other objects
- Produce support documentation where required
- Provide IT Support for college events
- Provide support to end users in connecting to the Wireless network
- Completing routine room checks and asset audits as part of a proactive approach to support
- Ability to use own initiative as well as working effectively as part of a team
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to prioritise own workload
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Basic troubleshooting skills
- Excellent attention to detail and self-organisation
- Willingness to learn and share
- Positive and professional attitude towards work
- 3 GCSE’s (or equivalent) at grades 4+ (A-C) in any subject
- GCSE Maths and English (or equivalents) at grades 3+ (D or above)
- Prospective apprentices must not hold an existing qualification at the same or higher level as this apprenticeship is in a similar subject
You may also have a combination of qualifications and experience which demonstrate the minimum foundation needed for the programme. In this instance you could still be considered for the programme.
If you hold international equivalents of the above qualifications, at the time of your application you must be able to provide an official document that states how your international qualifications compare to the UK qualifications.
Find out more here:
- 22 days holiday and bank holidays
- Public sector pension scheme for employees
A full-time or permanent role is potentially available for apprentices after successfully completing their apprenticeship.
This vocational apprenticeship comprehensively supports your specific job role with this particular employer. Throughout your learning journey, you are fully supported by your dedicated QA skills coach and your mentor at work. They ensure you settle in, help you develop all the skills you need to be successful in your job role and pass your assessments, and can provide one to one support.
Starting with insights into your current potential, they plan your growth in a programmatic way, close skills gaps with immersive training and ensure what you learn is applicable to what you do. They talk you through the specifics on the qualifications you gain and how they align in particular to your day to day role.
On completion, as well as the valuable work experience you have gained, you get a nationally recognised qualification at SCQF Level 6 or Level 8.
If you are interested in starting your career and receiving a work-based qualification at the same time APPLY NOW!