We are currently recruiting for a Quarry Management Trainee (Apprentice) to join our team at our Leicester Quarry in Ibstock, LE67 6HS.
• Location: - 15 minute drive from M42 junction 11.
- 15 minute drive from M1 junction 22.
- 40 minute drive from Derby.
- 30 minute drive from Tamworth.
• This Higher Apprenticeship takes 4 years to complete – gaining a level 5 qualification in Mineral Products.
• This apprenticeship offers a starting salary of £19,023
• This programme offers you the chance to train for a highly skilled role, gain a nationally recognised qualification and get paid while you learn!
• Upon completion of the programme you will have attained the skills and knowledge to start your career with Ibstock Group as a Quarry Team Leader / Supervisor at one of our quarries.
• All your accommodation and travel expenses for your programme will be paid for and we will also encourage your continued professional development after you have qualified.
WE ARE 200 years of history and over 2,300 employees strong. WE ARE a business loaded with opportunity and career progression. WE ARE innovators, designers, makers and engineers who manufacture and provide smart, efficient, and effective building products and solutions. Through our customer relationships, diverse building product range and solutions, we enable the creation of inspirational homes, places and spaces for us all to live and work better. With eight core product categories, underpinned by expert design and technical services, we work with architects, builders, merchants and the wider construction supply chain to build the face of Britain. We are fully committed to a net zero future and continue to invest in expertise and product development to manufacture more efficiently and sustainably. We pride ourselves on leading for new, innovative and sustainable products and solutions, both for today and for a new era of building.
• Safety Management of all operations within the quarry
• Ensure compliance with the company SHEQ procedures
• Ensure that key government health and safety legislation (Quarries Regulations 1999 and Safety, Health and Welfare at Work (Quarries) Regulations 2008) is implemented throughout the site
• Keep up to date with relevant government legislation and industry developments
• Assisting in the management of contractors both in the quarry and on the estates
• Assisting in planning quarrying activities.
• Assisting in day-to-day quarry safety checks.
• Develop recipes to maximise use of extracted mineral
• Build your knowledge of extraction and processing systems and your interpersonal and management skills to ensure the efficiency of the quarry operation
• Check that the quarry's production levels are maintained safely to ensure stock levels are maintained
• Alter the quarry's production system in accordance with the materials required
• Performance manage the production process and set and monitor targets
• Provide information and statistics on the quarry's performance
• Develop links with local groups and organisations
• Manage and regulate the quarry's budget
• Maintain up-to-date records and deal with paperwork
• Ensure quarry water levels are within control
• Develop inspection systems and checklists
• Write development proposals and reports
• Build your knowledge of our customers processes
• Build your knowledge of Clay Technology and Ceramics to assist in problem solving with our clay product factories.
• Basic understanding of how mobile plant works and MPQC Competent Operator card for quarry vehicle, such as a Tractor or 4 x 4
• Complete annual CPD submissions
• Are you practical and willing to be hands-on, with drive and passion to gain real-life experience with a market leading manufacturer and earn money whilst you do so?
• You will have a minimum of 5 GCSE’s at Grade 4 - 9 (or equivalent) in Mathematics, English and a Science.
• A-levels in Maths or Science the equivalent of 112 UCAS points / NVQ Level 3 / BTEC in a scientific discipline.
• A full UK driving licence is advantageous, with the flexibility to travel across the country if required.
Think you can make a difference? WE ARE your future.
Closing date: 31st January. We recommend you getting your application submitted as soon as possible as we have the right to close this advert early.
Planned Interview date: Week commencing 5th – 16th February
For more information please visit our website: https://www.ibstockplc.co.uk/careers/early-careers
Our commitment to diversity and inclusion?
Excited about the role, but your past experience or qualifications don’t perfectly match everything in the job description? We would encourage you to still apply. Studies have shown that some people, particularly from minority groups are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. Here at Ibstock Plc we are dedicated to building belonging, empowering our colleagues to be their true self by offering a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace. You may just be the right candidate for this role, or other future roles across the Ibstock Group.
Ibstock Plc are committed and passionate about building a diverse environment. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. You will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, national origin, disability or age.