Apprentice Transport Administrator
Menzies Distribution have an excellent opportunity for an Apprentice Transport Administrator to join our team in Telford. The qualification you will be working towards will be Business Administrator Level 3.
Details for the Role:
- Shift Pattern: Monday to Friday Days
- Hours: 08:00-16:00 or 09:00-17:00 (We will require a level of flexibility due to the needs of the business)
- Salary: Under 20 - GBP7.49 / 20-22 - GBP10.28 / Over 22 - GBP10.42
- Location: Telford
- Permanent Role
- Monthly Pay
Details for the Apprenticeship:
- Expected Duration of Apprenticeship: Between 12 &18 Months
- Apprenticeship Level: Standard Level 3
- Qualifications Required: Where a business administrator has not already achieved Level 2 English and Maths, they must do so before taking the end-point assessment.
- The training will be conducted once a month on an online platform called Smart Assessor. This will be within working hours and you will also be given allocated time to complete any course work set.
- Reference Number: ST0070
Apprentice Transport Controller duties:
- Receiving and processing POD s
- Answering phone calls and processing customer / depot queries
- Chasing deliveries and updating the relevant KPI s
- Investigating failures
- General admin such as filing, housekeeping and chasing ant relevant paperwork
- Good numeric skills including accuracy.
- Ability to work on own initiative, demonstrates organisational skills.
- Excellent computer literacy (Microsoft Office, Word & Excel)
- Enthusiastic and energetic personality
- Enjoys working to deadlines
- Uniform & PPE provided
- Healthcare Cashplan for all employees and dependants, including dental, optical, physiotherapy, health screening, 24/7 counselling and more
- Employee perks: discount on trips, hotels, gyms, days out, restaurants, supermarkets and more
- Discount on mobile phone contracts with EE;
- Training opportunities and development plans
We look forward to hearing from you.
Menzies Distribution is committed to creating a fair and inclusive environment where employees feel safe, proud and valued. We encourage ways of working that treat everyone fairly and with respect, and we look to create opportunities to improve the diversity of our workforce across all areas of the business.
We seek to attract and recruit people from the widest talent pool, who reflect the society in which we work. And we aim to encourage an inclusive culture where people can feel empowered to be the very best they can be, and to reach their full potential creating value through diversity is what makes us strong as a business and as an organisation with an increasingly agile workforce, we're open to flexible working arrangements where appropriate