This Customer Service Practitioner apprenticeship at Gloucestershire Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust is an exciting opportunity to learn new skills and become part of the Lung Function, Sleep and GI Physiology team.
This apprenticeship is suitable for anyone with a desire to learn and develop customer service skills with a view to beginning a career in customer service / administration and gain a Customer Service Practitioner Level 2 Intermediate apprenticeship.
Throughout the apprenticeship journey you will:
- be supported in the workplace by a mentor
- have a minimum of 6 hours per week 'off-the-job training' to develop your learning
- be in regular contact with the Training Provider and the Apprenticeships and Careers Team
- have access to a virtual learning platform
- attend workshops (face to face / virtual) where you will have the opportunity to discuss and share
Main duties of the job
The Customer Service Apprentice will provide typing, booking and administration support within in the Lung Function, Sleep and GI Physiology team. To liaise with staff and other departments, both internal and external to the organisation, to facilitate the smooth running of the department.
The successful applicant will receive Induction and training appropriate to the activities he or she will undertake, and during this induction period will be enrolled to the Intermediate (Level 2) Customer Service Practitioner Apprenticeship with the Training Provider.
The Apprentice will be expected to complete the elements of the apprenticeship within the 15 months' timeframe. The apprenticeship includes:
- Level 2 Customer Service Practitioner apprenticeship standard - assessed through end point assessment
- Knowledge - Knowing your customers, understanding the organisation, meeting regulations and legislation, systems and resources, your role and responsibility, customer experience, product and service knowledge
- Skills - Interpersonal skills, communication, influencing skills, personal organisation, dealing with customer conflict and challenge
- Behaviours - Developing self, being open to feedback, team working, equality - treating all customer as individuals, presentation - dress code, personal language, 'right first time'
- Functional Skill English and Maths if not previously attained Level 2 equivalent before.
- ICT Skill Sessions
Gloucestershire Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust is the largest employer in the county and with over 8,000 staff, we are one of the largest NHS trusts in the UK. We offer a generous annual leave allowance, excellent bank rates, access to the excellent NHS Pension Scheme, discounts for local shops, restaurants and services, access to our health and well-being hub, access to our two on-site nurseries, flexible working options, discounted public transport, reward and recognition schemes, exercise and activity classes and membership to our popular hospital choir.
Our Trust values each and every one of our apprentices and offers continued support and guidance. Many apprentices have successfully completed and remained with our Trust in a variety of areas.
20 November 2023
£10,324.31 a year per annum