What you will do in your working day
Learning and contributing to the business, by completing numerous placements in either Facilities Management, Production, Manufacturing Engineering, Infrastructure and Estates.
You will be trained to demonstrate:
- Safe systems of working
- A technical contribution to the design, development, test, integration and support of products, equipment, systems, processes or services
- Proven techniques and procedures to solve engineering/manufacturing problems
- Effective interpersonal skills in communicating both technical and non-technical information
- A commitment to continued professional development
During the scheme, there will be a number of opportunities to 'stretch' yourself such as getting involved in recruitment events, STEM activities and charity projects.The training you will be getting
Your qualification will be taught with our in-house college at the Academy of Skills & Knowledge.
- Level 2 Diploma in Advanced Manufacturing Engineering (Foundation Competence)
- Level 3 Diploma in Advanced Manufacturing Engineering (Development Competence) - Technical Support
- Level 3 Diploma or Extended Diploma in Advanced Manufacturing Engineering (Development Knowledge)
- Level 4 Diploma in Engineering and Advanced Manufacturing
You will also be encouraged to become accredited to a professional institution such as the Institute of Engineering and Technology (IET), Institute of Workplace & Facilities Management (IWFM) or Chartered Institute of Building Services Engineers (CIBSE). On completion you will be assessed against the competency requirements for a Manufacturing Technician (ManTech).What to expect at the end of your apprenticeship
Around 95% of apprentices choose to stay on with us. And as a global business there are a world of opportunities - whether you decide to stay in the UK, or explore an overseas role.
Requirements and prospects Desired skills and personal qualities
Communication skills, Organisation skills, Team working Qualifications
GCSE or equivalent 5 GCSEs Including Mathematics, Science and English (Grade A*-C/9-4 (or equivalent)) Essential
BTEC or equivalent Engineering Subject or equivalent (Grade 90+ UCAS Tariff points) Essential