A civil engineering contractor is recruiting a Graduate Site Engineer for their Southern Region covering projects around Hampshire. The business is a principal contractor who work with local authorities and private sector clients on projects typically between 4m - 30 million. The diversity of projects includes road widening, bridge construction, public realm regeneration's, flood alleviation schemes, sea defences and water treatment upgrades.
The Graduate Site Engineer's first project will comprise of part of a extensive Coastal Defence Project. Following this the business has a great order book locally with project in Portsmouth, Southampton and the New Forest.
Ideally you will have 12 months' setting out experience and a minimum of a HNC in Civil Engineering.
Graduate Site Engineer duties include:
- Setting out drainage, roadworks, and services with surveying equipment (GPS & Robotic Total Stations)
- Assist with quality control to ensure the standards are met in accordance to the design specifications
- Assist in producing permits to break ground (CAT Scanning management)
- Ensuring the highest health, safety and environmental standards are met on site adhering to the client's and business's requirement
- Assist the site team to approve materials ensuring they meet specification
- Keep accurate records of progress reports, site diaries and resource allocations
- Produce as-built drawings in AutoCAD
This fantastic opportunity, offers a competitive salary ranging between 20,000 - 30,000 + Company Car/ Car Allowance + Professional Development Budget + Pension scheme + holiday and the opportunity to be a part of a company that will offer you that progression and development pathway.
Please contact Claire Spiers at Fawkes & Reece (South) to discuss the role in more detail.