Dumfries and Galloway College is a further education institution and a leading voice in green skills development to help tackle climate change.
We’re looking for an IT Apprentice to join the Digital Services department on a full-time basis to support in the delivery of a highly effective and efficient ICT service to staff and students. You will be provided with training in IT Networking at SCQF Level 6 to teach you to support the college’s infrastructure and desktop estate, and will assist the ICT Team Leader to implement and operate within the guidelines of the college ICT policies and procedures.
Working as a member of the Digital Services team, the IT Apprentice will undertake a wide range of tasks aimed at widening their knowledge and experience of information communications technology and information systems, with a focus on network infrastructure and cyber security, and contributing toward a high quality of service across the college curriculum and support areas.
Duties will include:
- Operate and maintain a wide range of college ICT equipment including, but not limited to, PCs, laptops, printers, mobile devices, and telephony equipment
- Maintain college audio visual and digital media services equipment
- Help to maintain an inventory of college ICT equipment and systems
- Provide first line support to users of the college network by monitoring and responding to support tickets ensuring that users can continue to access college resources
- Ensure the college’s ICT infrastructure is always in good working order
- You will be technically minded and customer focussed
- Willingness to learn and proactive
- Excellent time management and resource planning abilities
- Strong customer service skills
- Good verbal and written communication skills
£19,855 per annum
35 hours per week, Monday to Friday, 9am - 5pm
- 45 days annual leave (inc. bank holidays and college closure dates)
- Opportunities for career progression and personal development
- Cycle to work scheme
- Home and electronics lifestyle savings
- Employee assistance programme
90% of QA apprentices secure permanent employment after completing: this is 20% higher than the national average.
This vocational apprenticeship comprehensively supports your specific job role with this particular employer. Throughout your learning journey, you are fully supported by your dedicated QA skills coach and your mentor at work. They ensure you settle in, help you develop all the skills you need to be successful in your job role and pass your assessments, and can provide one to one support.
Starting with insights into your current potential, they plan your growth in a programmatic way, close skills gaps with immersive training and ensure what you learn is applicable to what you do. They talk you through the specifics on the qualifications you gain and how they align in particular to your day to day role.
On completion, as well as the valuable work experience you have gained, you get a nationally recognised qualification at SCQF Level 6.
If you are interested in starting your career and receiving a work based qualification at the same time APPLY NOW!