Level 4 Business Analyst
Weekly Hours Worked: 37.5 hours per week
About the company:
Founded by two Air Traffic Controllers, Micro Nav has extensive experience in civil and military Air Traffic Control simulation training. It’s Beginning to End Simulation Training products are ‘for controllers, by controllers.’ The simulator comes complete with both Tower and Radar capability provides the user with a customisable, flexible and scalable solution for all simulation needs in order to train their Air Traffic Controllers to world standards. With customers all over the world, each has a bespoke version of the simulator in order to replicate their own airport, traffic and climate. Our team has a wealth of knowledge and are specialists in their field.
Brief job description:
Estio Training have an exciting new opportunity for an Apprentice Business Analyst with Micro Nav Limited, the leading, award-winning specialist developer and supplier of air traffic control and air defence simulators and training systems with an unbroken track record since 1988, based in Southbourne.
The Business Analyst Apprentice will report to the Systems Engineering Manager and will be responsible for supporting the teams efforts in providing requirements analysis to support product development for customer and R&D projects.
Your duties and responsibilities in this role will consist of:
- Support the elicitation and documentation of requirements for new software features, working with other requirements engineers and internal stakeholders.
- Document software requirements for use by software developers and testers that capture all customer needs.
- Collaborate with software developers and testers and other stakeholders to support product development.
- Assist in the maintenance of the software requirements baseline.
- 5 GCSEs grades A*-C/9-4 or equivalent (including English Language and Maths)
- PC literacy and familiarity with MS Office (primarily Word and Excel). Knowledge in aviation or air traffic control is not essential.
- Qualifications in Computer Science or similar are not essential but an appreciation of software development methods (including the role of software requirements) would be beneficial.
- Good communication skills (both verbal and written).
- Confidence to engage with staff at different levels.
- Good attention to detail.
- Willingness to learn, be curious and ask questions.
The role offers a permanent role upon completion of the apprenticeship depending on performance.
Training to be provided:
Estio apprenticeship training programmes are delivered virtually by our fully qualified and industry experienced training team. Using their expert knowledge, we’ve purposefully built our programmes around the real-world use of modern technology, so that the skills we create can be directly applied in the workplace.
Throughout the apprenticeship learners receive coaching, help and guidance from a dedicated team who are there to ensure they get the most from their work experience.
Successful completion of this apprenticeship gives you an accredited Level 4 Business Analyst, with training in how to:
- Investigate the wants, needs, problems and opportunities for your business.
- Analyse performance of your processes and suggest recommendations for improvement.
- Identify your data requirements to improve your business.
- Create data models to illustrate how your data is represented within your business systems.
- Assess the costs, benefits, and impacts of suggested changes to your business.