Higher Apprentice Civil Engineering
Main purpose of the job:
To support the delivery of services and / or projects within the Highways and Transportation Services.
Services and Projects will focus on delivering day to day revenue activities and annual capital programmes.
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES & PERSONAL DUTIES
- Contribute to the key aims and objectives of the organisation, both within the post holder's specific remit, Highways and Transportation, Place and the Council as a whole.
- Contribute to and be an active member of the Service.
- Respond to enquiries and issues requiring a good understanding of work area, potential solutions and policies and procedures, providing a high level of customer care.
- Take ownership of enquiries and issues to ensure they are addressed and resolved in a thorough and timely manner, knowing who to go to in order to resolve issues and complete tasks.
- Prioritise work, taking into account own workload, project timelines and other deadlines.
- Make decisions guided by specific instructions, standard procedures and practices.
- Communicate detailed information/advice within own work area and to colleagues from other work areas.
- Research, monitor, interpret and report on information from a range of different sources, internally and externally.
- Support the organisation, promotion and evaluation of events, initiatives and business meetings.
- Good standard of working knowledge to undertake a range of tasks in the allocated work area.
- Ability to use appropriate systems to support the work area, with appropriate support and training.
- Develop and maintain systems to review service/project delivery and monitor action plans to provide quality and value for money.
- To work flexibly and support general activities within Highways and Transportation, Place and the Council.
- To assist in the provision of road safety and cycle training.
- To assist in the provision of streetworks licencing and permit regulations.
- Good interpersonal skills and the ability to learn from the wider multi-disciplinary team.
- Good time management skills, the ability to prioritise work and manage your time effectively.
- The ability to solve problems by using civil and structural engineering science,mathematics and I.T.
- The ability to communicate ideas and results clearly, concisely and effectively.
- A willingness to be flexible in a changing environment.
- Committed to developing a career as a professional Civil Engineer within Highways and Transportation.
- Good education, GCSE's (or equivalent) B or above including English, Maths and Science.
- Open to learners who hold a level 3 qualification or an A level (or equivalent) in a relevant subject area.
- An ONC or Diploma in Civil Engineering or other equivalent qualification would be advantageous.