Level 3 Information Communications Technician
Weekly Working Hours: 37 hours a week
About the company:
Watford Grammar School for Girls is a single gender partially selective secondary school for 1400 students. The diverse student body reflects the multi ethnic community of the Watford area and are well motivated, behaved and focused. The curriculum has an academic focus, was judged Outstanding in 2008 by Ofsted, achieved the highest Progress 8 score in Hertfordshire and according to The Sunday Times is the highest achieving school of its type in England and Wales.
Brief job description:
Estio Training have an exciting new opportunity for an IT Apprentice with Watford Grammar School for Girls, a single gender school based in Watford.
The primary responsibility of anyone employed in ICT is to be part of the team that keeps the school Information Systems running. To this end you will be expected to help users, play a full part in the team and to cover other tasks than those set out here if necessary and if it is within your capability to do so.
Your duties and responsibilities in this role will consist of:
- Assisting staff in general with ICT and AV equipment.
- Install and maintain computer hardware, clients, laptops, audio/visual equipment and peripherals.
- Updating the asset register of the IT hardware.
- Working with the rest of the IT Team and reporting network problems.
- Arranging repairs and replacements as necessary.
- To monitor sites printer consumable levels.
- Update and develop personal knowledge and skills as necessary.
- To work in an autonomous manner, striving towards a zero-defect environment using predictive maintenance procedures.
- To also work with a degree of flexibility in the understanding that some work may need to take place outside of school hours.
- Any other task as may be reasonably requested by a member of the Leadership Team, the Network Manager or the IT Strategic Lead.
- 5 GCSEs grades A*-C/9-4 or equivalent (including English Language and Maths)
- Good knowledge of Windows 10 and Microsoft Office.
- Basic knowledge of IT hardware.
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Well organised.
- Good timekeeping.
- Calm under pressure.
The role offers long term security and the opportunity to progress into a permanent position.
Training to be provided:
Estio apprenticeship training programmes are delivered virtually by our fully qualified and industry experienced training team. Using their expert knowledge, we’ve purposefully built our programmes around the real-world use of modern technology, so that the skills we create can be directly applied in the workplace.
Throughout the apprenticeship learners receive coaching, help and guidance from a dedicated team who are there to ensure they get the most from their work experience.
Successful completion of this apprenticeship gives you an accredited Level 3 Information Communications Technician, with training in how to:
- Efficiently operate and control your ICT infrastructure – physical or virtual hardware, software, network services and data storage.
- Use infrastructure management tools to automate the provisioning, testing, deployment, and monitoring of infrastructure components.
- Prioritise systems support tasks and monitor and maintaining system performance.
- Maintain regulatory, legal, and professional standards.
- Support the information systems needs for your business.