Who you’ll be working for:
Carpenters is one of the UK’s leading providers of insurance and legal services, delivering fully outsourced claims services to the industry. They pride themselves in providing a positive working environment where employees can work together towards their success.
They have established an environment where all of their employees feel valued and are able to perform at their best.
Carpentersare now looking for an eager candidate to join them as an apprentice.
What’s in it for you:
The successful candidate will gain experience in all areas of the service desk throughout the apprenticeship. You will receive the support and guidance needed to be successful in your apprenticeship by working alongside people with a wealth of experience to develop your skills and knowledge that provide you with opportunities to grow in your role.
You will be responsible for:
- Providing technical support via the telephone and other contact methods to troubleshoot and support workstation, laptop, printer, mobile device, operating system, software and user IT issues
- Performing regular system health checks to ensure continuous system operation
- Assisting senior colleagues in the diagnosis and resolution of server and network faults
- Performing administration tasks under guidance from senior colleagues
- Escalating problems and business continuity events as appropriate to 3rd parties, senior colleagues and management
- Documenting recurring issues and system best practices
You will need the following skills:
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Excellent diagnostic and troubleshooting
- Numeracy and problem solving
- Flexible and ability to multitask and manage own time effectively
- Enthusiasm for providing excellent customer service
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment
- Logical and analytical thinking
- 3 GCSEs (or equivalent) at grades 4+ (A-C) in any subject
- GCSE Maths and English (or equivalents) at grades 3+ (D or above)
- Prospective apprentices must not hold an existing qualification at the same or higher level as this apprenticeship is in a similar subject
You may also have a combination of qualifications and experience which demonstrate the minimum foundation needed for the programme. In this instance you could still be considered for the programme.
If you hold international equivalents of the above qualifications, at the time of your application you must be able to provide an official document that states how your international qualifications compare to the UK qualifications.
For more information please visit the UK ENIC website.
37 hours per week,
Monday – Friday 8am – 4:30pm or 9am – 5:30pm.
The company offers excellent benefits, such as:
- A hybrid working model
- Relaxed dress policy
- Medicash cash plan to claim back dental, physio and optical appointments among others,
- Wellbeing Champions providing mental health support
- Funded social events
- Volunteering days
Following 6 month probation we offer a vast range of discounts including:
- Discounted gym membership
- Retail discounts
- Contract phone discounts
- And many other discounts for both the high street and online
The company have several former apprentices that have gone on to secure a full-time role on completion of the apprenticeship with a promotion including salary and benefits enhancement. This will be offered to you as well as further training and development opportunities on successful completion of your apprenticeship
Our apprenticeships are the perfect way to gain new skills, earn while you learn, and launch yourself into an exciting future. With over 30,000 successful apprenticeship graduates, we're a top 50 training provider, dedicated to helping you succeed.