Human Resources Apprenticeship
In our Human Resources Department, we provide the support UKHO needs to meet the changing demands of our customers, through developing our people, providing clear internal and external communications and ensuring legal compliance. In this role, you will be working towards the Level 5 (equivalent to Undergraduate Level) on the UK Qualifications and Credit Framework (QCF), covering modules such as Developing Professional Practice, Understanding the Business Context of Human Resources, Understanding the Contemporary Human Resources Function, Employment Law, Resourcing and Talent Planning, Reward Management, Employee Relations and Engagement and Learning and Development amongst others.
This will be supported by on the job experience covering all areas of human resources. You will support the HR Business Partners in enhancing business performance through improving the performance, capability and engagement of our people. You will be responsible for overseeing the entire employee lifecycle - from recruitment to leavers. You will be accountable for running recruitment campaigns and supporting and advising staff and managers on all HR-related matters e.g. absence, working hours, maternity and performance.Resourcing Duties
You will be involved in the end-to-end process of resourcing - from identification of a resourcing need, job evaluation, and advertising, receipt of applications, interview and selection - right through to the on-boarding process. Operational and administrative support to the recruitment process as well as gaining experience in interviewing and selection centres. You will also support the on-boarding of new starters and provide reports and statistics about the selection process.Employee Relations Duties
You will be involved in supporting the Human Resources Business Partners at meetings covering a range of employee relations areas including: attendance management, disciplinary and grievance issues, maternity, paternity and shared parental leave. You will also implement and administer all changes and be fully trained on using the HR and Payroll system
This post will provide you with the opportunity to build your knowledge within a world leading organisation and you will be able to provide future employers with real industry examples relating to completed work packages.
Furthermore, you will gain invaluable experience working independently, part of close knit teams and as part of a larger, more multi-functional team (Human Resources Department). All valuable experiences in today's career market, where employers are increasingly looking for candidates with practical experience.
Requirements and prospects Desired skills Full brief of the knowledge, skills, experience and Civil Service Competencies for the HR Apprenticeship - Level 5 Essential
- Civil Service Competencies - Level 2
- Making Effective Decisions
- Collaborating and Partnering
- Delivering at Pace
- Managing a quality service
- Excellent communication and stakeholder management skills, understands the importance of engaging managers and employees in the change verbally and in writing
- Excellent Team player that supports and encourages colleagues
- Self-motivated with a proactive approach to work/projects/planning engaging with others
- Experience of delivering a high level of customer service, maintaining a flawless reputation for handing enquiries
- Has knowledge and experience of HR Transactional Activity and Policy Interpretation. Understands the keys issues and risks associated with this and can demonstrate practical evidence of delivery
- IT literate able to confidently use appropriate tools (MS Office) to produce documents, reports, letters, presentations and data analysis and can demonstrate experience and delivery at pace in these areas.
- Experience of using an HR system and database.
- Delivering at Pace
- Leading and Communicating
- Managing a Quality Service
- Team Player
Having attained, or working towards a level 3 qualification (e.g. A levels, Level 3 Apprenticeship, etc.)Future prospects Future Prospects will be discussed with the right candidate Things to consider Training on the Apprenticeships Programme for 16 to 18 year olds is a priority and fully-funded by Government. Training for Apprenticeships for those over this age is part funded, with employers expected to make a part or full contribution.