Do you have experience coaching learners through Degree Apprenticeships?
Do you hold the Level 3 Award/certificate in assessment with either D33, A1 or CAVA OR have the same experience is assessing vocational qualifications?
Do you have a background in the Science field & have experience of Ofsted requirements?
Do you feel confident at carrying out Review meetings and End Point Assessments with learners?
Are you happy to work on a temporary contract?
If your answers are YES to all the above, then this role might just be the one for you!
Apprenticeship Skills Coach
Location: Medway Campus (optional 2-3 days remote working, but required to be flexible for when learners are on site)
Hours: 9-pm full time (flexibility required including very occasional evenings but will have a late start to balance hours)
Salary: 37,099 excludes London weighting per annum
Duration: Start ASAP - 1 month temporary booking with the potential to extend for 3 months
You will be the initial point of contact supporting 40 - 50 apprentices, providing information, advice and guidance, monitoring progress against apprenticeship standards and maintaining strong relationships in this rapidly developing field. You will support a cohort of learners from induction through to graduation, developing strong relationships and motivating learners to succeed. You will conduct regular reviews with apprentices and their line managers and use a coaching approach to help learners develop and apply Knowledge, Skills and Behaviours in the workplace.
Employer and (Apprentice) Engagement - Maintain positive relationships with Employers and the University. Become key POC for employer & apprentice. Plan work-based development activities. Ensure appropriate safeguarding. Monitor apprentice's progress at work. Conduct regular reviews with apprentices & line managers.
Coaching & Mentoring - Conducting face to face and online study and facilitating reflection learners. Provide pastoral support. Facilitate progression. Identify learners at risk of not completing their assessments.
Teaching & Learning Support - Review baseline assessments and facilitate ILP. Support apprentices to collate work-based evidence. Adapt learning resources to support skills of apprentices. Liaise with Academic staff. Support Teaching Team.
Service responsibilities - Proactively manage a caseload of apprentices. Use data to benchmark progress. Work with programme admin colleagues.
Other - Adhere to the University's policy on EDI, Health & Safety and Data Protection.
- Educated to degree level or equivalent work experience.
- Level 3 award/certificate in assessment (e.g. D33/A1/CAVA)
- Working knowledge of theoretical and applied concepts and principles of work-based learning
- Up to date evidence of Safeguarding and prevent legislation and requirements
- Evidence of supporting or assessing learners
- Design and delivery of online and face to face group support sessions
- Relevant experience working in a Pastoral/coaching/mentoring capacity
- Evidence an understanding of On and off-the-job progression and how to support apprentices or students on work-based learning programmes to achieve on time.
- Communicate effectively in visual, oral and written format
- Ensure line managers understand how to support their learners in the workplace.
- Deal with learners in a compassionate, pragmatic, and inspiring manner
- Use a coaching approach to help learners develop and apply Knowledge, Skills and Behaviours in the workplace.
- Extensive use of Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint and Word as a minimum)
If all of this sounds like you, then please apply or send your CV & I will get in touch with you!