Graduate Teaching Assistant Vacancy - Bishop's Stortford, Secondary School Environment
Are you a recent graduate with a fervour for education and a commitment to making a positive difference in the lives of students? We are in search of a devoted and passionate Graduate Teaching Assistant to join our team at a respected school in Bishop's Stortford. This exceptional opportunity invites you to play a pivotal role in shaping the trajectory of our students' futures, providing invaluable experience and room for personal and professional growth within our supportive educational milieu.
Responsibilities: As a Graduate Teaching Assistant, you will assume the following key roles:
- Cultivate Positive and Productive Collaborations: Forge robust and supportive connections with students to establish an enriching learning atmosphere. Promote inclusivity and diversity, ensuring every student feels valued, respected, and encouraged to actively participate.
- Support Personal Development: Conduct personalised 1:1 keyworker sessions to offer tailored support and guidance to students. Assist them in attaining their academic and personal development milestones, delivering constructive feedback and motivation.
- Promote Inclusivity in the Classroom: Consider the distinctive needs of students with special requirements. Facilitate their engagement in lessons and access to course materials through clear explanations, appropriate clarifications, and the provision of necessary tools and materials.
- Collaborate with Educators and Staff: Collaborate closely with teaching staff to enhance the overall learning experience. Contribute to the preparation of teaching materials, activities, and classroom management as needed.
- Classroom Support: Assist the teacher during lessons by addressing individual student needs, managing behaviour, and fostering a positive and engaging classroom environment.
- Engage in Extra-Curricular Activities: Participate in school-wide events and extra-curricular activities to contribute to the holistic development of students and foster a sense of community within the school.
- Hold a minimum of a Bachelor's degree in a relevant field.
- Possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills to connect with students from diverse backgrounds.
- Demonstrate empathy, patience, and a positive attitude towards supporting students with varying needs.
- Exhibit strong organizational skills and the ability to collaborate effectively as part of a team.
- Reside in Bishop's Stortford or have reliable transportation for commuting.
- Demonstrate experience working with children and young people in a professional or voluntary capacity.