Prospero Teaching are currently looking for a Sports Graduate to work in a Primary School in Stoke-on-Trent, supporting children with SEN. The role will require you to use your sporting ability to support key children with behavioural needs, inside and outside the classroom.
A successful Sports Graduate will have good experience working with Additional Needs and must be confident in supporting on a 1:1 and small group basis, inside and outside of a classroom setting. You will also need some level of resilience as some of the children may display challenging behaviour. Some experience working with children in primary schools or of a similar age is required. Some safeguarding training is provided.
Prospero Teaching provide staff to schools and colleges across Stoke-on-Trent and Staffordshire, including SEN schools. We are currently looking to fill an SEN Teaching Assistant role in Stoke-on-Trent. The strongest applicant will have confidence in supporting key children inside and outside of the classroom.
- Location - Stoke-on-Trent
- Position - Sports Graduate Teaching Assistant
- Type of work - Long Term
- Start date - January 2024
- Duration / Likely Duration - End of academic year
- End date (if applicable) - July 2024, potentially running into the next academic year
- Contract type - Temporary
- Full time/part time - Full time
- Minimum rate of pay - Minimum rate 85 per day
- Hours - 8:30 am - 3.30pm
EXPERIENCE, TRAINING AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Teaching Assistant qualification or higher/equivalent is preferred
- Previous experience working in a UK school or with children of a similar age
- Up to date Safeguarding training issued in the last year (desirable however not essential as some training is provided)
TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR THIS ROLE THROUGH PROSPERO TEACHING, YOU MUST:
- Hold Right to Work in the UK
- Hold an enhanced child barred list DBS certificate registered with the online update service or be willing to process a new application
- Provide two professional child related references
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply with a copy of your up-to-date CV. Unfortunately, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Prospero Teaching is acting as an employment business/education recruitment agency in relation to this vacancy. The successful candidate will be required to register with Prospero Teaching in order to fill this vacancy.
Prospero Teaching is able to offer the successful candidate:
- Free, accredited continued professional development courses including safeguarding and behaviour management
- In-house Training and Development Team
If this role is of interest to you, click 'Apply Now'.
Or, alternatively, email your CV to Zain at: