Level 4 Cyber Security Technologist
Weekly hours worked - 0900-1730 Core Hours
About the company:
Pentest People are a UK-based boutique security consultancy focussing on bringing the benefits of Penetration Testing as a Service (PTaaS) to all its clients. This innovative approach to security testing combines the benefits of a consultant-led penetration test and vulnerability assurance through a technologically advanced SecurePortal, providing a living threat system to its clients and benefit through the life of the contract rather than just a single point in time.
Brief job description:
Estio Training have an exciting new opportunity for a Security Consultant Apprentice with Pentest people a Cyber Security based in Leeds.
The role will be working within Pentest Peoples consultancy team based in the Round Foundry near central Leeds. The Security Consultant Apprentice role involves using Pentest Peoples automated (cloud based) vulnerability scanners. These tools are used to perform external vulnerability assessments on client’s infrastructures.
Your duties and responsibilities in this role will consist of:
- Planning and managing the delivery of external security tests and associated information.
- Undertaking additional security assessments such as external penetration testing and other projects as required.
- Communicating directly with key project stakeholders; including clients, both orally and in writing.
- Producing accurate and thorough reports and managing secure delivery to the client.
- Reviewing reports written by other team members, ensuring that discrepancies are detected and resolved.
- 5 GCSEs grades A*-C/9-4 or equivalent (including English Language and Maths)
- Good all-round technical knowledge and a detailed understanding of networking protocols.
- Good all-round technical knowledge of information security concepts.
- A passion for ethical hacking and IT security.
Pentest People are looking for someone with a strong technical background who is able to demonstrate a passion for network security related subjects, including but not limited to; infrastructure penetration testing, Web application security testing and vulnerability research. The successful candidate will be an excellent communicator and be able to build professional rapports.
This role is perfect for someone with passion and drive to learn with a ‘can-do’ attitude. Someone who is not afraid of hard work and strives to impress!
The role offers long term security and the opportunity to progress into a permanent position.
Training to be provided:
Estio apprenticeship training programmes are delivered virtually by our fully qualified and industry experienced training team. Using their expert knowledge, we’ve purposefully built our programmes around the real-world use of modern technology, so that the skills we create can be directly applied in the workplace.
Throughout the apprenticeship learners receive coaching, help and guidance from a dedicated team who are there to ensure they get the most from their work experience.
Successful completion of this apprenticeship gives you an accredited Level 4 Cyber Security Technologist, with training in how to:
- Discover potential vulnerabilities, threats and hazards in your systems, services and processes.
- Develop security designs and configure, deploy and use appropriate cyber security technology to protect your business.
- Identify, analyse, and develop security cases to defend against potential threats.
- Write program code or scripts to meet a given design requirement that improves your cyber security.
- Understand latest attack techniques and recommend ways to defend against them.