This is an outstanding opportunity for you to join us and complete a Level 3 Laboratory Technician Apprenticeship and continue to build your career within the cosmetics and personal care industry!
Crafted are a brand spanking new business that works with personal care start-ups, as well as established brands, to help them realise their brand ambitions.
They want to help their customers to build beautiful brands and they do this by ensuring the customers’ interests and goals are at the heart of everything they do.
They’re a small team of experts, full of enthusiasm so this is an opportunity to learn from the very best! They can design, formulate. Manufacture, scale-up, handle all the complicated regulatory requirements and put to market a skincare, homecare, or cosmetic range that cane be found across all homes.
Although Crafted are a new business, they are part of the 2M Group of companies which was founded in 2004 with a long-term objective to grow their international chemicals distribution portfolio, based on excellent companies, with strong brands.
Their values include:
- Sustainability: For a better life today and a better world tomorrow.
- Take action: Get things done.
- Trust and Respect: Each other and our business partners.
- Equality: Treat everyone equally and fairly.
- Innovation: Encourage everybody to be creative and speak their mind in a friendly and innovative atmosphere.
- Accountability: Take responsibility and hold ourselves and each other accountable.
- Expertise: Develop and fully utilise our expertise.
This is a truly UNIQUE opportunity, and we are looking for a fearless apprentice to join this ambitious business, who isn’t afraid to be hands-on and has a desire to contribute to their goals long term, during this EXCITING time of growth and development.
You’ll have the fantastic opportunity to join the new product development team, supporting their projects from start to finish. This role will be based at their facilities in Huddersfield, it’s quite accessible via public transport with great travel links.
At Tiro, we make great things happen for people. And that starts with you. In this role you’ll receive:
- Starting salary of between £21,000 per annum.
- Generous holiday allowance with buy/sell holiday scheme.
- Workings hours are 37.5 hours per week (8am-4pm, Monday – Friday, there can be some flexibility around these hours).
- Excellent contributory pension scheme.
- Private medical healthcare.
- Mental and physical wellbeing initiatives.
- Volunteering days.
Further development opportunities are available within the business, with access to the 2M academy that can help you to develop further into your chosen field.
What will I be doing as a Laboratory Technician Apprentice?
As a Laboratory Technician Apprentice with Crafted, you will have the opportunity to assist the team’s development chemists within the new product development team, on their projects. You’ll have the opportunity to be involved in the process from start right through to the launch of finished products, whilst ensuring all products meet the necessary regulatory requirements.
You’ll be working as part of a close-knit team, supported, and guided by a team of experts, each with diverse backgrounds and experiences you can learn from. It’s an amazing opportunity to get stuck in and no day will be the same!
Being an apprentice is hands-on, so you’ll get the chance to learn things you might otherwise not have experienced in a university or college environment, and you’ll develop a good understanding of what it means to work to work in the personal care/ cosmetics sector.
Our goal is to work with you, developing your lab skills, so you become competent in various test methods and in operating key pieces of equipment.
What you’ll be doing:
- Following safety and health regulations / standards at all times.
- Ordering Raw Materials and chemicals, inspecting deliveries, managing samples stocks and raw material documentation.
- Completing COSHH assessments and keeping clear records, ensure current assessments are up to date.
- Following standard operating procedures (SOP’s) and methodologies to carry out analysis as required.
- Plan, prepare and perform stability testing and accurately record and analyze data to determine acceptability of the batch.
- Calibrate and maintain laboratory equipment as per guidelines.
- Assist and support development chemists with the work; formulation, batch making and manufacturing scale up (as needed).
- Understand customer briefs and marketing needs, trends, exploring new and existing RMs on the market and its application opportunities.
- Conduct work according to GLP, GMP and QMS, in house procedures and standards, GLP housekeeping.
- Reproduce reports in a concise, comprehensive, and scientific manner.
- Working independently and take full ownership of the tasks performed.
Market research and development:
- Active research and development of your understanding in the key trends that are occurring within the personal care market over time. This includes increasing our knowledge of macro societal trends within the sector.
Personal & Colleague development:
- Build, maintain and update personal knowledge of all relevant supplier products and services.
- Comply with all company policies and procedures.
What could the future look like?
There’s no limit to what you can achieve if you work for Crafted. Their team and business is growing, and they are looking for someone who wants to play a key part in that long term.
Through ‘on-the-job’ training you’ll have the opportunity to learn new skills to provide competency and responsibility in carrying out testing and to help develop your career.
There are opportunities to further develop and progress within the business after completion of the apprenticeship and you could build your career successfully through continued career development.
Being a part of such a large business, there is also opportunities to move into different areas and departments, if you find there is something that you are particularly passionate about.
Hard work and determination will be recognised!
We’re looking for someone who is able to speak up and isn’t afraid to ask for help when they need it. Being able to show attention to detail is also important.
You will have excellent communication skills and you’ll be ready to contribute to the team’s success on a daily basis, while also being able to work independently on your own initiative. Being motivated and passionate about learning is key so be ready to ask lots of questions!
This is a spectacular opportunity, for someone who is naturally curious and an analytical thinker! It’s an opportunity which is aligned to the cosmetic and personal care sector, working within chemical development. If you are interested in building your career within this area – this is a perfect start for this.
To succeed in this apprenticeship, you’ll need bags of enthusiasm, be a fantastic collaborator and be hungry to learn!
Even if this doesn’t sound quite like you, but you still think you could do a great job in the role, get in touch. We’re always open to wildcards.
Are you ready to be our next fearless apprentice? Make sure you make the most of this opportunity before it's gone!
The full job description is available on our website, click apply now to view and apply today!