Candlelight is a market leading designer, import and wholesale supplier of design-led homeware.
The Admin and Data / Logistics Administrator Apprentice will carry out the responsibilities listed below in a manner which is in keeping with the ethos of the company.
This description is not intended to be exhaustive and is a general outline of the typical duties and responsibilities expected to be carried out whilst accepting that these may vary. We reserve the right to amend the duties as deemed necessary for the needs of the business.
The post holder will, under the guidance of their Line Manager, organise their own workload and will make decisions as to how and when duties are to be carried out and will respond independently to unanticipated problems and solutions.
The import controller is responsible for assisting in planning and executing all dispatching operations, taking into account special customer requirements. Ensuring that customer deadlines and requirements are met. Liaising with production team to determine which orders are required to maximize economical distribution runs.
Working: 37.5 hours per week, Monday to Friday, 9:00am-5:15pm
Reporting to: Operations Director
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Constantly reviewing transport spend., taking into account the most economical way of dispatching orders and adhering to the agreed budgets with a view to saving money wherever possible
- Assisting in preparing and maintaining each days dispatching plan and informing the Goods Out Department/Transport companies of relevant information
- Dealing with any Logistical queries from other departments, transport companies and customers
- Producing daily “Parcel” dispatch paperwork, manifests and labels
- Ensuring customer returns are collected promptly and processed on arrival
- Obtaining signed proof of deliveries in conjunction with the Finance department
- Checking carrier invoices to ensure correct charging occurs and record on the computerised carrier control sheets
- Informing Management of any budgetary or service problems
- Auditing made up orders in the dispatch area to ensure no discrepancies
- Always striving to improve and save on distribution methods by sourcing new carriers, negotiating existing rates, exploring new technology
- To undertake any other duties, at the discretion of the Managing Director
- Comply with all relevant Health and Safety, Operational, Personnel, Data Protection and Financial Regulations, policies and procedures
- The duties described in this job description must be carried out in a manner which promotes equality of opportunity; dignity and due respect for all employees and clients or customers is consistent with the Company’s Equal Opportunities Policy
- Experience of working in the logistics
- Experience of working with couriers
- Experience of working in a warehouse environment
- Good numeracy/literacy skills
- Excellent organisational and communication skills
- Excellent ICT skills
- Ability to make decisions as to when and how duties are to be carried out only seeking advice and guidance when encountering serious problems
- Ability to use their own initiative and work unsupervised
- Ability to work with dexterity and coordination where there is a need for considerable demand for precision, e.g. by weight or by length measurement
- Ability to exchange information orally, in writing or via other methods to a range of audiences
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Knowledge of health and safety procedures in the company environment
- Ability to stock control and re-order as required to maintain levels of resource necessary
- 3 GCSE's (or equivalent) at grades 4+ (A-C) in any subject
- GCSE Maths and English (or equivalents) at grades 3+ (D or above)
- Prospective apprentices must not hold an existing qualification at the same or higher level as this apprenticeship in a similar subject
You may also have a combination of qualifications and experience which demonstrate the minimum foundation needed for the programme. In this instance you could still be considered for the programme.
If you hold international equivalents of the above qualifications, at the time of your application you must be able to provide an official document that states how your international qualifications compare to the UK qualifications.
For more information, please visit the UK ENIC website.
- Free on-site parking
- Friendly atmosphere
- Coffee machine
- Discount on products
90% of QA Apprentices secure permanent employment after finishing their apprenticeship.
Additionally, there may be opportunities to undertake further apprenticeship training as many of our programs offer on-going development tracks.
Our apprenticeships are the perfect way to gain new skills, earn while you learn, and launch yourself into an exciting future. With over 30,000 successful apprenticeship graduates, we're a top 50 training provider, dedicated to helping you succeed.