This is an exciting opportunity to join a leading IT managed services provider based in South Bristol. They are well known for the excellent customer service they provide and are looking for a friendly, driven and passionate apprentice to help support their growing client base. As experienced supporters of apprentices, you will be very well looked after by this fun, supportive and friendly team.
This is an excellent opportunity for someone wishing to get involved in many different aspects of IT in a growing business with all technical training given in-house. You will learn about the main areas of IT infrastructure support, undertaking general support activities. There is also scope for involvement in technical implementation projects on customer sites.
The role is initially in infrastructure support however if the right candidate can demonstrate the right skills and knowledge this role could also incorporate server administration, web development (WordPress, LAMP) or PHP.
Daily tasks will include:
- IT user administration
- Systems monitoring
- Responding to day-to-day queries from customers that come in via phone, email or online chat/helpdesk
- Providing clear answers and explanations of technical problems to a non-technical audience
- Troubleshooting issues methodically and finding solutions using your own initiative
- Managing complex cloud infrastructure for both Rakata solutions and customer solutions
- Splitting time between Windows, Microsoft 365 and Linux Environments.
- Comfortable working flexibly within a team and on your own.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- High levels of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to prioritise workload and complete tasks to deadlines.
- Keen to learn
Desirable Technical Skills (all or a selection of below)
- MS Windows OS and some Linux OS.
- Microsoft Office / 365
- Windows Server Environment knowledge (AD, DHCP, Windows Server SBS, Essentials)
- Windows Desktop Environment
- Networking and Architecture
- Various types of network architecture, (both wired and wireless).
- Networking hardware and services like DNS & DHCP.
- Ethernet and fibre cabling.
- Linux Server Support
Information Communications Technician Training
During this advanced apprenticeship, you will learn a vast range of knowledge, skills and behaviours, covering topics such as:
- Data Security
- Hardware & Software
- Computer Networking and so much more.
You will undertake the ground-breaking Professional Apprenticeships Digital Marketer Level 3 qualification. Professional Apprenticeships are an Ofsted Outstanding rated training provider and hold the title of Bristol and Bath Apprenticeship Training Provider of the Year for 2021.
The programme is designed to mould you into a high-level, all-rounded technician. You will learn in detail about:
- Cloud & Mobile Technologies
- Technical Problem Solving
- Advanced-Data Security
- Computer Networks
- IT Communication & much more.
These modules are designed to jump-start your career and make you stand out in an increasingly competitive field, boosting your future earning potential.
Staff development is key to Rakata’s culture and they have an excellent track record of training and developing apprentices. There is the potential for a permanent position in the company for the right person following successful completion of the apprenticeship.
About The Employer
Rakata Technology is an IT Managed Services provider, solutions provider and software developer based in Bristol. They are a growing company and have been in business since 2007. They provide end-to-end IT services for our clients and pride ourselves on providing excellent customer service. We operate in a friendly manner and our focus is delivering for our clients. They have a relaxed and friendly culture and you can look forward to being part of a team with a great sense of humour!