Technical Operations Apprentice
Are you passionate about IT, do you love working with computer hardware? Then this is the role for you! The successful candidate will be supporting our Warehouse and Technical Operations teams with the testing and refurbishing of hardware products/accessories and supporting with the picking and packing of orders.
- Working with and testing items of hardware/accessories, RMAs, supplier replacements, testing of memory / cable samples, configuration of equipment, assisting with Internal Sales Technical Support and testing product that requires specific configuration or requirements from the Customer.
- Building of networking and server equipment to customer specification.
- Configuring of network and server equipment to customer specification.
- Pre-staging of customer owned equipment and providing on-going technical assistance to support customer equipment.
- Responsible for the receipt of goods and deliveries at Good Inwards including QA checks.
- Responsible for accurate picking and packing of orders for despatch
- General warehouse duties including covering other departments staff holidays and absences.
- HELPDESK generation against discrepant or damaged deliveries.
- Ensuring that products are stored safely, and accurately put in their allocated locations.
- Assist with daily stock accountancy.
Requirements and prospects Desired skills
- An interest in or an understanding of basic networking
- Knowledge and experience of using Microsoft Excel/Office/email etc
- Good communication skills
- Ability to work on own initiative or work as part of a team
- Ability to work to deadlines
- Maintain a professional and polite disposition at all times
- Good communication
- Positive attitude
Ideally a minimum 4 GCSE's C and above Including Maths, English and ICT (or equivalents)
Future prospects Permanent opportunity for the right candidate Things to consider It is highly important that you do not contact the Employers directly - any attempt of this may invalidate candidate's application. Should you have any queries regarding your Application or the job itself, please contact your 3aaa Training Academy.