- Graduate SEN Teaching Assistant
- 1 to 1 SEN Support
- Key Stage 2
- Camden Primary School
- ASAP - July 2024
We are currently looking for graduate teaching assistants to join an outstanding primary school in Camden on a full-time basis to work in Key Stage 2
As a Teaching Assistant you will be supporting pupils with Special Educational Needs Key Stage 2. The children's needs are still being assessed but they are likely to have autistic and speech and language needs so experience in these areas would be beneficial. You will work closely with the class teacher to enhance pupils learning either in groups or individually, ensuring pupils understand the work set, know their learning objectives and stay on task in order to make progress. You should be able to promote pupils social inclusion and self-esteem and ensure that pupils thrive in a positive, nurturing, safe environment.
As the pupils you will be supporting have additional learning needs, you will also work under the direction of the Inclusion Leader to
- implement group or 1:1 interventions
- understand Individual Education Plans & Behaviour Support Plans and assist to implement these, under the guidance of the teacher
- provide feedback to pupils and staff in relation to progress and achievement
- attend to the pupils personal needs, and implement related personal programmes, including social, health, physical, hygiene, first aid and welfare matters
Your role will also include lunchtime supervision for your relevant key stage (breaks will be provided).
Hours 8.00 till 330pm Monday to Friday
This role is offered on a contract basis initially but could become permanent for the right candidate.
This large, 3 form-entry school is rated Outstanding by Ofsted and is situated in the borough of Camden and is easily accessible via public transport. There is a lovely, welcoming staff team in place and the school is popular within the local community. Pupils at the school come from a range of backgrounds and diversity is celebrated and encouraged. There are well-equipment modern play based learning areas within the school for pupils across the school. The school is dedicated to supporting staff to make professional progress and there are excellent opportunities for continuing professional development.
In order to apply for this role you must have the following:
- An Honours degree or equivalent
- GCSE Grade C or above in English Language; Level 2 English or above; or equivalent
- GCSE Grade C or above in Maths; Level 2 Maths or above; or equivalent
- Excellent Written and verbal English
- Previous experience working with or caring for children or young people
If you hold the relevant skills and experience please apply with an up to date CV.