Our client based in Northampton require an Apprentice Technician to join their team located at their Northampton handpiece repair/service department.
Primary responsibilities will be the repair and service of dental handpieces as well as the repair of benchtop electrical/electronic dental equipment.
This role will require customer engagement during the repair process and also following up on customer enquiries when they arise. You will be expected to manage your daily workload in a timely manner, maintaining a 24hrs turnaround when applicable.
The role holder will be expected to be responsible for the following:
- Develop a working understanding of handpieces and their uses.
- All repairs to be carried out to high standard.
- Monitor all outstanding work and follow up as necessary.
- Technical resolution rate and days to close.
- Deployment of standard operation process and daily repair management
- Ensuring customer satisfaction
- To increase company repair sales
- When the need arises, he/she will be able to provide technical/sales support to internal and external customer.
- Be available for offsite OEM training when required.
- Stock control and levels
Job Skills & Experience Required:
To succeed in this role, you will need the following:
- High standard of education
- Technical background/interest would be preferred.
- Experience on Microsoft Navision/Business Central would be beneficial.
- Knowledge on Microsoft Office
We believe the type of person best suited to this role will:
- Be motivated with a mindset to continuously improve processes.
- Have the ability or interest to analyse mechanical faults and isolate root causes.
- A good team player with excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and to think outside the box.