Educated Appointments are delighted to be supporting an East Midlands based training provider, offering life-changing career opportunities to people through quality apprenticeships in recruiting a new Accountancy Apprenticeship Trainer to join their team.
With state-of-the-art Learning Hubs in Derby and Nottingham City Centre, a friendly and talented team and supportive induction mentors, they are in an exciting period of growth and are keen to invest in a talented Accountancy Trainer.
Our client recognise that their team members are our most important asset, and our family-oriented culture means that our staff feel appreciated, valued, and can develop their talent and skillset with us, with clear career progression routes alongside achievable targets and reviews to support them in their goals.
This is an office-based role in our Derby Hub or Nottingham Hub, with opportunities to work from home.
Are you currently working within an Accountancy or Finance role and feeling a lack of job satisfaction? Do you come home feeling like you ve not really made a difference? Maybe it s time for a change, into a role you can really make your own.
How would you like to take on a role that allows you to change people s lives for the better? A role that is so much more than a numbers game!
As an Accountancy Trainer, you ll be making all the difference to our learners.
You ll be encouraging, motivating and supportive to our learners needs, guiding them through their AAT Apprenticeship, with engaging content and a knack for imparting knowledge in a translatable way to give them the very best start in their Accountancy careers.
This includes all classroom training, mentor support in the workplace and exam sitting support, bringing to life the qualification, along with the apprenticeship standard guidelines.
A large proportion of students are within the 16-24 age group. Students will be from all ages and backgrounds, so you will be continuously striving to build, maintain and improve relationships with the students and their employers, in order to achieve the best results for all.
- Delivering the specific Accounting or Payroll Apprenticeship Standard or commercial qualification training in the classroom or online environment, up to Level 4.
- Managing your diary efficiently to ensure timely classroom sessions.
- Creating engaging, supportive content to deliver in classroom sessions
- Mentoring learners by offering support, advice and motivating them in the qualification.
- Maintaining current professional knowledge within the Accountancy field and undertaking CPD activities as required and as needed to ensure you are always up to date with the industry.
- Working to ensure learner outcomes are achieved in a timely manner.
- Construction and maintenance of all learner documentation to reflect learner's characteristics and meet quality standards and funding compliance.
- Overcoming barriers to learning and adapt delivery to meet learner s needs.
- Providing attendance and feedback reports.
- Using our e-portfolio system to record learner's progress.
- Ensuring all learners are given constructive feedback on growing their knowledge, skills and behaviours.
- Providing coaching and mentoring support and advice throughout the learning journey and beyond.
- Providing pastoral support and advice to learners and employers i.e. mental health etc.
- Conduct regular and timely progression reviews with learners, setting SMART targets and providing additional learner support as required.
- Manage data relating to individual learner targets including working with other colleagues to ensure the success of the learner.
- Promote and embed Equality and Diversity, Safeguarding, British Values, Prevent and Health and Safety to all learning sessions.
- Communicate any issues or concerns about learners to your line manager and designated Safeguarding Officer as appropriate
Required Skills and Personal Qualities
Minimum of AAT Level 3 Diploma in Accounting or equivalent.
Ability to create and implement high quality learning resources.
Quality driven and prepared to go the extra mile for your learners.
Excellent analytical, decision making and problem-solving skills.
Understanding of current accounting procedures and regulations, manual and computerised processes to enable effective and successful delivery of accounting skills and behaviours relevant to the course.
The ability to communicate well with people at all ages and learning levels.
Clear verbal and written communication skills.
You will have a natural empathy with people and a genuine desire to help people achieve.
Experience of liaising with employers and external agencies or stakeholders.
Organisational skills are a must, as well as the ability to plan your time and organise your own diary effectively.
Confident and professional with the ability to inspire and motivate people.
Results driven and prepared to go the extra mile for your learners to succeed.
Must be an excellent communicator who is learner and quality focused.
The ability to collaborate with others and contribute towards targets.
Enjoys working in a team, but also works well on their own.
Strong IT capability with good knowledge of MS Office apps.