IT Internship - Onsite Support Location:
Leeds About Us:
We are SLB, the leading provider of technology and services to the energy industry. We design, develop, and deliver technology and services that transforms how work is done.
We define the boundaries of the industry by unleashing our talented people's energy. We're looking for innovators to join our diverse community of colleagues and develop new solutions and push the limits of what's possible. If you share our passion for discovery and want to find out what you could really do, then here is the place to do it. Job Description:
The IT Onsite Support Intern is responsible for operating as a Desktop Support expert responsible for computer hardware, software (location specific or global) and peripherals. The Onsite Support Intern acts as the second point of escalation for the resolution of desktop or laptop related incidents, service requests and connectivity issues.
Successful position holders are excellent communicators, enjoy solving problems, and work well in teams. Responsibilities:
- Provide second-line investigation and diagnosis
- Installing and configuring computer hardware, software, systems, networks, printers, and scanners
- Monitoring and maintaining computer systems and networks
- Responding in a timely manner to service issues and requests
- Providing technical support across the company (this may be in person or over the phone)
- Responsive and pro-active troubleshooting and prompt resolution of incidents
- Management of assets through accurate and detailed documentation
- Communicate with external suppliers/contractors to request necessary services
- Assist and work closely with SSO on IT security issue and virus eradication effort
- Have a good understanding on the IT pricing
- Have a good understanding of the IT Processes and Procedures
- Comply with IT standard processes and procedures
- Active participation in regular staff meetings as coordinated by Service Delivery manager
- Maintain working area to professional standards
- Comply with SLB QHSE and IT security policies
Studying towards or already obtained a BSc in Information Technology or related field. Competencies:
Additional General Requirements:
- Interest in Microsoft PC applications
- Interest in PC hardware and software support
- Keen problem solver
- Strong interpersonal and presentation skills.
- Ability to handle multiple projects and tasks simultaneously
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to communicate effectively with customers, peers, and management
SLB is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or other characteristics protected by law.