What you will do in your working day
The training you will be getting
- Develop your accounting skills over five years (one 2-year placement to help you settle into life at Sky, followed by three 1-year placements) that span the entire business: from content and channels to product development and technology, sales and strategy. Each role will present a new set of challenges and opportunities to develop your skillset.
- You'll have our full support to study for your CIMA qualification - with fully funded study and exam days, graduate committee guidance and access to a buddy and tutor support. At Sky your team will support you to make sure your exams can be your number one priority while gaining relevant work experience - meaning that you'll be able to join the world's largest and leading professional body of Management Accountants.
- Through your business rotations, you'll learn how to set budgets and track against them, develop cases to support projects and investment decisions, analyse data to provide key insight, and collaborate with teams across the business to meet and exceed our business targets.
Professional Accounting Taxation Technician Level 4 move onto level 7 (includes CIMA)
During your 5-year programme you'll be working towards CIMA Certificate level (Level 4 qualification) and then move onto CIMA Professional Level (Level 7 qualification). You'll cover modules on fundamentals of accounting, economics and management, leading to more advanced courses as you progress through your studies.
Training provided by Kaplan, who are the UKs largest accountancy training provider, with validated experience. Courses are taught through in-person classroom learning, Live online classroom sessions or On-demand online learning to suit your lifestyle and learning style. What to expect at the end of your apprenticeship
- Apprentices will roll into a permanent position.
- Be Brilliant - How? We give you freedom. Support. The chance to try things your way - forging your ideal career path or developing something totally new. It means you can do more. Make an impact. Get noticed. And it means with the right attitude, anything's possible.
Requirements and prospects Desired skills and personal qualities
Problem solving skills, Commercially minded, Collaborative, Great with people, A self-starter, Eager to inspire change Qualifications
GCSE or equivalent Minimum of five GCSEs (Grade A*-C or equivalent grades 9-4) Essential