What you will do in your working day
The training you will be getting
- Creating written content - would include press releases, op-eds, press briefing documents and quotes/statements on behalf of team members.
- Working with team members on the delivery of key messages and researching will be involved in some of those tasks.
- Creating media lists - on request gathering media lists based on press release distribution. This is to support our targeted comms.
- Building relationships with press contacts - networking and reaching out to targeted publications. Pitching to the media will be a key part of this.
- Staying close to new social media trends and changes within the platforms and seeking new creative opportunities to reach and connect with more followers, e.g. through live and broadcast opportunities.
- Support with producing reports - analytics of press coverage and using metrics to demonstrate the success of the comms team outputs.
- Playing a key role in the delivery of campaigns on behalf of FZUK.
- Support with events- press events or internal events.
What to expect at the end of your apprenticeship
- You will develop a wide understanding of public relations and the impact it has on businesses
- As a public relations and communications apprentice, you will follow a level 4 public relations assistant apprenticeship standard, which is a nationally recognised qualification route with a Diploma
- This will involve "on the job" training, virtual visits from an apprenticeship coach, an internal line manager to provide ongoing guidance, online learning and creating a portfolio of evidence
Functional Skills in maths and English if required
- The apprentice will be working towards an End-Point Assessment (EPA) which will determine if he/she has the knowledge, skills, and behaviours listed in the PR & Communications Assistant standard
- The apprentice must follow company and training provider procedures at all times
The potential career path of a successful applicant will form part of discussions during the apprenticeship - future employment opportunities within FZUK may be available on completion.
Requirements and prospects Desired skills and personal qualities
Communication skills, IT skills, Attention to detail, Organisation skills, Problem solving skills, Analytical skills, Team working, Creative, Initiative, Proactive self-starter, Genuine interest in PR, Social Media, Interest in current affairs Qualifications
GCSE or equivalent English (Grade 9-4 (A*- C)) Essential
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 9-4 (A*- C)) Desired
A Level or equivalent Creative subjects (Grade 5 (B)) Desired
A Level or equivalent English (Grade 5 (B)) Desired
A Level or equivalent Humanities subjects (Grade 5 (B)) Desired