What you will do in your working day
To start you will be on site shadowing the Construction team gaining a better understanding of the role. You will be allocated tasks, attend meetings with subcontractors, and internal and external stakeholders allowing you to further your knowledge and expand your network.
Over the course of your apprenticeship, you will be given more and more responsibilities, eventually having responsibility for individuals sections or packages. Duties include:
· Overseeing the logistics of a project.
· Managing the subcontractors undertaking the works.
· Ensuring works meet required specification and quality benchmarks.
· Keeping a daily diary of what's going/ gone on.
· Work closely with the Senior CM & TSM in delivering the project.
· Work closely with the Health & Safety Manager in planning the works.
· Manage the reporting of all health and safety issues including accidents and near misses.
· Identify problems and offer solutions prior to and during construction.
· Review designs and drawings, the project programme and contribute where necessary.
· Produce precise and succinct project reports.
· Produce logistic plans and method statements.
· Review and manage temporary works processes associated with the project works.
· Work with planners to develop detailed programmes/ produce short term programmes.The training you will be getting
Our five-year apprenticeship programme provides exposure to all aspects of the business and gives you the opportunity to join one of our core disciplines: Construction Management, Quantity Surveying, Building/Technical Services Management or Planning. In all these areas, you can look forward to a balance of hands-on experiences and academic learning.
· The programme will see you rotating through different departments so you can get a solid feel for how your specialism fits within a typical project lifecycle.
· We'll sponsor you to complete a relevant degree and you'll have access to ongoing training and development to help reach your career ambitions. As a business we're incredibly collaborative and our apprentices are important members of the team. You'll be encouraged to share your ideas and to challenge the norm - if you think there's a better way of doing things, we'll be all ears.
· Everyone here has a part to play in creating the best possible outcomes for our business, our people, and our customers.
At the end you will recieve;
What to expect at the end of your apprenticeship
- Level 4 qualification in Construction and Built Environment that meets the knowledge requirements of the standard
- Apprentices without level 2 English and Maths will need to achieve this level prior to taking the end-point assessment.
There is the potential to gain full time employment in the industry as a fully qualified Construction Site supervisor.
Requirements and prospects Desired skills and personal qualities
Communication skills, Attention to detail, Organisation skills, Problem solving skills, Analytical skills, Logical, Team working, Initiative, Self Motivated Qualifications
A Level or equivalent maths or science subject or a construction related (Grade 104 UCAS Points) Essential