What you will do in your working day
This role is an "all-rounder position" and requires you to work across the entire software development and usage lifecycle. You will be expected to work in:
Software Support and Testing:
- Receive Customer Support Calls (and emails) understand their problem and resolve it for them
- Answering and Resolving Software/Infrastructure Support Ticket - you will need a string interest in SQL
- Design and Develop Program enhancements to resolve future issues
- Accompany the Customer Implementation Team to Customer sites understand their requirements and develop high quality customer specification documents.
The training you will be getting
- Develop and implement changes to existing code based on the specification and brief
- Develop new code to operate with the existing code and functions
Why choose our Software Engineer Level 4 apprenticeship?
Our Software Engineer Level 4 Apprenticeship gives learners advance skills and technical grounding to design, test and maintain software and web systems. Learners will also gain an understanding on advanced programming, systems and software development projects. Software Development is at the heart of digital transformation. With demand for services to be consumed online by both clients and employees increasing exponentially, software developers are in high demand. Software Engineers build and test high-quality code across front end, logic and database layers.
QA's Software Engineer Level 4 apprenticeship programme enables the apprentice to:
- Build advanced skills and technical grounding to design, test and maintain software and web systems
- Receive training on end-to-end software dev stack, as opposed to hyper-focusing on one area of development
- Develop more advanced applications
Training location to be confirmed.What to expect at the end of your apprenticeship
- To be part of a Large Support team Supporting all company products across the board, to become qualified and any one of the many fields we currently support and future projects
- The Opportunity to be able run a Support team under them once we have grown to the size we are looking to a achieve
- Multiple Career paths can be taken with in our division, with large potential for growth
On completion, as well as the valuable work experience you have gained, you get a nationally recognised qualification at SCQF Level 6 or Level 8.
Requirements and prospects Desired skills and personal qualities
Other Software Development (Grade Level 3 Apprenticeship) Essential