Job summaryAre you looking to start a career in the NHS? Want to work for a friendly and supportive team who will help you develop? Are you organised and good with people?
We are offering an exciting opportunity for you as an Apprentice to begin your career in the NHS. The role comes with lots of support and professional development from our friendly team who will help you build a career and take your first steps into Procurement Services within Somerset NHS Foundation Trust.
The post holder will be working as part of the Operational Buying team, providing administrative support to the Operational Buyers and Operations Manager.The role is a customer focused service in line with the Trust values.
You will need to demonstrate strong organisation and timekeeping skills, able to work on your own initiative, take a flexible and adaptable approach to work and are committed to attending college and achieving the Apprenticeship qualification. College Information
The working pattern will be discussed at the interview to ensure the successful candidates are fully supported in their learning and development and able to complete an educational pathway with theBridgwater and Taunton College
. The College is located across two primary sites but the majority of your delivery will be supported online, through asynchronous study. Apprenticeship salary:
£10, 296 per annum for the 1st year for ALL
applicants, then age related National Minimum wage thereafter.Main duties of the jobThe post holder will:
You will gain knowledge of Procurement through:
- Provide support for the Procurement team, acting as a first point of contact and carrying out clerical duties for colleagues across procurement.
- Working with Procurement team members, colleagues across the hospital and external stakeholders to build positive relationships.
As part of your Apprenticeship we will expose you to a wide variety of tasks, including - but not limited to:
- Providing administrative support to the Procurement team
- Supporting a range of projects and initiatives
- Using the various IT systems which enable us to procure goods and services
- Input and maintain information on Procurement system
- Processing, filing and distributing of confidential reports and documents (e.g. supplier quotations and Tender submissions)
About usSomerset NHS Foundation Trust
- Dealing with people face-to-face, by telephone and by email
- Ensure a courteous and quality service is delivered
- Ensure telephones and e-mails are answered promptly and matters dealt with in an appropriate and professional manner
- Manage own work load in order to meet defined objectives and be flexible with the ability to alter activities and priorities as the need arises
- Attend and assist with formal presentations as required at meetings.
- Create and maintain reports, spreadsheets and correspondence using a variety of computer packages
- Set up meetings, booking rooms, collating agendas, taking notes/minutes as appropriate
- Photocopying, scanning or filing as required
:endeavours to provide development opportunities for those looking to develop a career in the NHS, in both clinical and non-clinical roles. Through our training programmes
, individuals can earn a salary, develop their skills, and achieve a nationally recognised qualification, all whilst contributing towards delivering excellent patient care. We have six active and impactful colleague networks
. These networks provide a safe space for colleagues to share their experiences and learn from one another, but also influence change across our trust:
As an organisation,
- Multicultural Network
- Women's Network
- Armed Forces' Network
- LGBTQ+ Network
- Lived Experience Network, for colleagues living with disabilities
- Autistic Colleague Network
the NHS offers a wide range of benefits including flexible working, pension contributions, market leading annual leave allowance, career progression and regular conversations, not to mention our Blue Light Card and NHS exclusive discounts.Date posted
22 November 2023Pay scheme
£10,296 a year per annum, pro rata Contract
18 monthsWorking pattern
Full-time Reference number
County Hall, Block B, Level 2, B/C Link