Fantastic opportunity !
Have a passion for numbers? Keen to get into an accounts role that offers a study package - then this is the job for you
The Apprentice Accounts Assistant is responsible for assisting the Accounts team with junior accounting duties inclusive of sales and purchase ledgers, running calculations to ensure that records and payments are correct and data entry.
The ideal candidate will have an excellent work ethic and ability to manage their workload and study time effectively, excellent attention to detail, and a confident disposition.
The position will be based in the Head Office in Bishops Stortford with day release for college apprenticeship attendance working towards an AAT Level 2.
- Submitting Customer Invoices
- Raising invoices & maintaining associated spreadsheets
- Importing Data Daily from Autoflow to Sage
- Monitoring inbound Credit Control & Accounts Payable emails
- Processing & coding supplier invoices on Sage
- Setting up new supplier accounts with relevant checks, confirming bank details and ensuring account information is accurate and well maintained
- Reconciliation of Supplier Statements
- Processing Purchase Ledger Payments
- Sending of remittances to Suppliers and ensuring smooth communication of payments made
- Assisting with the provision of documents for internal and external audits
- Support the rest of the team in ad-hoc administrative tasks as required
- Minute taking for a variety of accounts team meetings, ensuring accuracy of records & timely distribution to staff after
- Excellent levels of accuracy with strong organisational skills
- A strong team player who can interact easily with your colleagues and have strong communication skills, and a good sense of humour
- Deadline orientated and able prioritise
- Competency with Excel, Work & Microsoft Office
- Positive work ethic in the workplace with motivation to learn new skills
- Strong organisational and time management skills, with the ability to meet deadlines and prioritise own workload
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision or within a team working together to accomplish a common goal
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, with the ability to collaborate effectively with cross-functional teams to build solid working relationships
- Immediate start available
- Full-time position, Monday to Friday 8am to 5pm.
- An experienced and all-inclusive culture who are ready to welcome a bubbly, proactive, can-do member of the finance team
So if you are ready to get stuck in, work hard, learn and have a laugh too then this job is perfect for you. Do not delay apply today