Employer description:Proteo is the developer of a range of products and services to transform road haulage and transportation businesses into dynamic, highly efficient operations and have a small but very capable and knowledgeable team. With ever more margin pressure on hauliers, the company's products and services are well placed in the market to offer a capable and dynamic solution to reduce their clients' costs of operation and improve profitability. The Proteo product suite becomes deeply integrated into any client's business and significant recent product development has created a refreshed set of products with a number of USPs.
Main Role / Responsibilities will include but not be limited to :
We are looking for a talented Software Support Engineer. Candidates with prior business experience in the Haulage industry and or Consumer Goods will be preferred.
Our suite of products includes a dynamic web-based enterprise system that uses the latest and greatest technology stack in Rapid Cloud-based Software development.
This role is an "all-rounder position" and requires you to work across the entire software development and usage lifecycle. You will be expected to work in:
Software Support and Testing:
- Receive Customer Support Calls (and emails) understand their problem and resolve it for them.
- Answering and Resolving Software/Infrastructure Support Ticket - you will need a string interest in SQL
- Design and Develop Program enhancements to resolve future issues
- Accompany the Customer Implementation Team to Customer sites understand their requirements and develop high quality customer specification documents.
- Develop and implement changes to existing code based on the specification and brief.
- Develop new code to operate with the existing code and functions
- Develop completely new functionality based on specification and brief
- A recent degree in a STEM subject (Computer Science, Information Technology, Maths, Physics etc).
- The ability to write code in ONE OO programming language (Java, C#, C++ etc.)
- SQL knowledge and a good understanding of databases in general.
- Computer Skills - Server knowledge & L2 & L3 Support Skills
- Customer Service Skills & communication are an absolute must! You must be a people person keen to pick up the phone to support customers
- Team player
- Customer Training Skills
- Enthusiastic / Ready to Learn
- Interest in IT Support and Technically Minded
- The learner must have completed a Level 3 Software Development Apprenticeship with QA or have an equivalent qualification with another training provider
- OR an A-level in Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) subject and a successful completion of our aptitude test
- OR a BTEC Diploma in IT and a successful completion of our aptitude test
- OR 2 years' experience in a relevant role and successful completion of our aptitude test
- To be part of a Large Support team Supporting all company products across the board, to become qualified and any one of the many fields we currently support and future projects.
- The Opportunity to be able to run a Support team under them once we have grown to the size we are looking to a achieve.
- Multiple Career paths can be taken with in our division, with large potential for growth.
This vocational apprenticeship comprehensively supports your specific job role with this particular employer. Throughout your learning journey, you are fully supported by your dedicated QA skills coach and your mentor at work. They ensure you settle in, help you develop all the skills you need to be successful in your job role and pass your assessments, and can provide one to one support.
Starting with insights into your current potential, they plan your growth in a programmatic way, close skills gaps with immersive training and ensure what you learn is applicable to what you do. They talk you through the specifics on the qualifications you gain and how they align in particular to your day to day role.
On completion, as well as the valuable work experience you have gained, you get a nationally recognised qualification at SCQF Level 6 or Level 8.
If you are interested in starting your career and receiving a work-based qualification at the same time APPLY NOW!