Apprentice Support Officer
We are One Housing and we create places for people to call home and support them to live well. We believe in investing in our colleagues' careers, and our Apprenticeship programme is designed to ensure you have all the support you need to get ahead from day one.The One Housing Care & Support Apprenticeship Programme is an exciting opportunity aimed at people aged 18 years or older. Applications are open to everyone, and no experience or previous qualifications are needed. We recruit our apprentices based on your attitude, values and potential to succeed.Join our team as an Apprentice Support Officer
As an Apprentice Support Officer, you will benefit from gaining work experience in a friendly and supportive environment and will receive generous hourly pay, success bonuses and excellent training towards a recognised vocational qualification.To succeed as an Apprentice at One Housing, you'll need to have good verbal and written communications skills and be able to demonstrate patience, compassion, and a caring attitude.This is a unique opportunity to develop new skills at the same time as doing work you can be proud of.The role
Salary: GBP20,829Location: CamdenHours 37.5 per weekYour apprenticeship will be completed over 18 - 20 months and will consist of on-the-job training as well as online or on-site training. You will be supported in your learning throughout the apprenticeship by a personal coach. Based at our Arlington homelessness and prevention service, your typical day will include:
- Providing a comprehensive, needs-led, holistic support planning service to our customers.
- Creating an environment that promotes opportunities for customers to develop, learn and enable skills towards independence.
- Developing and maintaining positive links with key stakeholders including social workers, GPs, colleges, employers etc
- Ensuring customers are informed of their rights and responsibilities regarding the service, and are enabled and empowered to get involved in running the service.
- Carrying out support planning and risk assessments with customers to identify and prioritise their individual needs
- Maintaining accurate and up to date records of support provided to customers.
Support with your application
- Bonus: GBP750 after 3 months and GBP500 upon completion of your apprenticeship.
- Paid study time: 20% of your hours are dedicated to personal study towards your qualification.
- Qualification: You will be awarded a Level 3 Adult Care Worker qualification on completion of your apprenticeship.
- Your holidays are important to us. Take up to 28 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Look after your loved ones. Our healthcare cash back plan allows you to claim back cash for you and your family's healthcare.
- Well done! With our colleague recognition programme you will know when you've done a
- We're here for you. Our employee assistance programme offers counselling and support for you and your family 24/7.
If you would like to speak with a member of our team to learn more about our Care & Support Apprenticeship Scheme, or if you'd like support to complete an application you can email