Our client is a company based in Manchester that provide professional, agile, IT support to the Education sector.
Your duties and responsibilities in this role will consist of:
- Install, configure, and maintain computer hardware, software, systems, networks, printers, and other IT equipment
- Troubleshoot hardware and software issues and provide technical support to end-users
- Set up and maintain user accounts and permissions
- Monitor system performance and ensure data backup and recovery procedures are in place
- Conduct regular maintenance tasks, such as updating software and performing system upgrades
- Collaborate with IT team members to implement new technologies and improve existing systems
- Document IT processes, procedures, and troubleshooting steps
- Full UK Driving Licence and access to own vehicle (Essential)
- IT Literate (Essential)
- Experience as an IT Technician or similar role in the Education sector (Desirable)
- Proficient in troubleshooting hardware, software and network issues (Desirable)
- Communication skills - both written and verbal
- Ability to work independently
- Attention to detail
- An A-Level in ICT
- OR an International Baccalaureate at Level 3 ICT
- OR an A-Level 3 apprenticeship in a similar subject
- OR a BTEC Extended Diploma in IT (180 credits)
You may also have a combination of qualifications and experience which demonstrate the minimum foundation needed for the programme. In this instance you could still be considered for the programme.
If you hold international equivalents of the above qualifications, at the time of your application you must be able to provide an official document that states how your international qualifications compare to the UK qualifications.
For more information please visit the UK ENIC website.
- Hybrid Working
- Casual Dress Code
- Flexible Working Hours
- Modern Office Setting
- This apprenticeship comes with the opportunity of full-time employment upon successful completion of the course.
This vocational apprenticeship comprehensively supports your specific job role with this particular employer. Throughout your learning journey, you are fully supported by your dedicated QA skills coach and your mentor at work. They ensure you settle in, help you develop all the skills you need to be successful in your job role and pass your assessments, and can provide one to one support.
Starting with insights into your current potential, they plan your growth in a programmatic way, close skills gaps with immersive training and ensure what you learn is applicable to what you do. They talk you through the specifics on the qualifications you gain and how they align in particular to your day to day role.
On completion, as well as the valuable work experience you have gained, you get a nationally recognised qualification at SCQF Level 6 or Level 8.
If you are interested in starting your career and receiving a work-based qualification at the same time APPLY NOW!