We are currently recruiting for ambitious 2024 graduates to join Convex, an international specialty insurer and reinsurer founded by Stephen Catlin and Paul Brand. With operations in Bermuda, London and Europe. Convex occupies a unique position in the insurance industry combining unrivalled experience, reputation and a legacy free balance sheet.
Convex is looking for graduate to join our Risk Management team as we help to build the insurance company of the future.As part of a rapidly developing and evolving business, it is vital that we can understand and manage the risks being taken. The successful candidates are expected to gain wide-ranging experience across the whole of Convex, and to work with theHeads of Insurance Risk, Financial Risk and Enterprise Risk.
In 2019, Stephen Catlin and Paul Brand co-founded Convex with $1.7bn of initial committed capital to underwrite insurance and reinsurance for complex specialty risks. The company has since received an A.M. Best rating of A (Excellent) and regulatory approval to operate in London, Bermuda, Luxembourg and United States.
We live our values in every facet of our business:
Earn our reputation, Straightforward and fair, Determined to improve, Inspired by opportunity, Enjoy being different
The successful candidate will have a very varied role, working with all members of the Risk team, and all business areas and jurisdictions within Convex.
- Analysis of key risk data, such as Risk Appetites, Risk Incidents, Insurance and Financial Market MI to provide insightful information within the team and externally;
- Support and/or lead improvements within the Group Risk Management Framework;
- Coordinate and support face-to-face discussions with business areas regarding the risks they face and the controls they operate;
- Assist with the Emerging Risk projects undertaken with a number of stakeholders around the business;
- Preparation of reports for the Group Risk Committee, Entity Executive Committees and Entity Boards;
- Involvement in collaborative 'Risk deep dives' into specific areas of risk within the business.