Our accounting client is a Paisley based company that intends to grow and establish the brand in the district as it is the founder's hometown. They believe that Happy Staff equals Better Performance. All staff are valued and encouraged to develop their own skills and build personal confidence and self-esteem.
They are seeking a motivated and enthusiastic individual to join our team as an apprentice. In this role, you will play a crucial part in supporting our office operations, gaining hands-on experience in various aspects of accounting, and contributing to the growth of our firm. This is an excellent opportunity for someone who is looking to kickstart their career in accountancy.
- Assist with general office tasks, including maintaining a clean and organized workspace
- Handle incoming and outgoing mail
- Professionally answer and direct incoming calls to the appropriate team members
- Take messages when necessary
- Maintain accurate and organized digital filing systems
- Ensure documents are filed promptly and securely
- Assist in preparing and submitting VAT returns accurately and on time
- Verify data to ensure compliance with regulations
- Support senior accountants with bookkeeping tasks - using our bookkeeping software, DEXT
- Assist in processing payroll for clients - using our system Bright Pay
- Ensure payroll calculations are precise and adhere to legal requirements
Skills and attributes:
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office or willingness to learn (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Ability to learn and adapt to new accounting software
- A strong desire to pursue a career in accounting
- On-the-job training and mentorship
- Opportunities for professional development and growth within the firm
- Exposure to various aspects of accounting
- A supportive and collaborative work environment
GBP12,500 per annum
35 hours per week, Monday to Friday, 9am - 5pm
There will be opportunity for career progression within the business on completion of the apprenticeship.
This vocational apprenticeship comprehensively supports your specific job role with this particular employer. Throughout your learning journey, you are fully supported by your dedicated QA skills coach and your mentor at work. They ensure you settle in, help you develop all the skills you need to be successful in your job role and pass your assessments, and can provide one to one support.
Starting with insights into your current potential, they plan your growth in a programmatic way, close skills gaps with immersive training and ensure what you learn is applicable to what you do. They talk you through the specifics on the qualifications you gain and how they align in particular to your day to day role.
On completion, as well as the valuable work experience you have gained, you get a nationally recognised qualification at SCQF Level 6.
If you are interested in starting your career and receiving a work based qualification at the same time APPLY NOW!