Employer description: Based in Chadderton (Just outside Oldham) in Greater Manchester, Yellowgrid offers Core Services which include the Installation and Maintenance of Data and Voice Solutions. These Solutions are designed primarily for the SME market and focus on Companies based within the North West. Their Core Customer base uses Microsoft Software Products.
In addition to Hardware and Software Support, they are heavily involved in the distribution of VoIP Products and Services.
Overview:The Team is made up of Consultant Engineers with extensive experience with Technical Support. They focus on Supporting the Voice & Data requirements of our Customers.
The client are now looking for an eager candidate to join them as an apprentice.
You'll receive support from the team, who are amongst other things all Microsoft Certified System Engineers. They will encourage you to achieve your full potential as they are keen to Share their knowledge and develop the skills of an equally ambitious, motivated & enthusiastic IT Technical Support Apprentice.
If you have basic knowledge of IT Operating Systems and Networking and would like to develop these skills and have a desire to improve your knowledge with an IT Apprenticeship in a supportive environment, then this could be the opportunity you are looking for.
- Work within the Support Team to handle day-to-day customer requests and incidents logged to the Service Desk
- Liaise with customers & suppliers to diagnose & fix their computer hardware/software issues
- Establishing and maintaining cloud-based systems with a focus on Office 365 and AzureInstallation tasks (inc Laptops, Desktops, VoIP Telephone Systems)
- Product research and evaluation
- Other Office Support based tasks
- An understanding of Windows Operating Systems
- Awareness/understanding of other Operating Systems
- Excellent communication skills
- An excellent understanding of MS Office Applications
- A reasonably good understanding of TCP/IP and DNS
- Interest and awareness of Web Hosting
- Enthusiasm for all things Technical
- You will need to be a responsible person with a good work ethic
- You should have an excellent command of the English Language.
Above all you will be:
Having a driving license and your own vehicle would be an advantage, although it is not essential.
- 3 GCSE's (or equivalent) at grades 4+ (A-C) in any subject
- GCSE Maths and English (or equivalents) at grades 3+ (D or above)
- Prospective apprentices must not hold an existing qualification at the same or higher level as this apprenticeship in a similar subject
You may also have a combination of qualifications and experience which demonstrate the minimum foundation needed for the programme. In this instance you could still be considered for the programme.
If you hold international equivalents of the above qualifications, at the time of your application you must be able to provide an official document that states how your international qualifications compare to the UK qualifications.
For more information, please visit the UK ENIC website.
- An attractive starting salary of GBP16,000 per annum
- Annual Bonus
- Free on-site parking
- Support for Ride-to-Work scheme
- Onsite showers
- Friday treats (lunch supplied)
- We also fully support employee work and personal related training and will fund appropriately
Future prospects:All the Companies former Apprentices still work for the Business and have gone on to secure many pay rises, promotions and development & training opportunities throughout their Careers.
You will also be given an Opportunity to apply for a full-time, permanent role within the companies IT Department upon successful completion of your apprenticeship - with an enhanced salary and benefits package and given the opportunity for further training, such as a Higher Level Apprenticeship to support your Career Development.
Important information: Our apprenticeships are the perfect way to gain new skills, earn while you learn, and launch yourself into an exciting future. With over 30,000 successful apprenticeship graduates, we're a top 50 training provider, dedicated to helping you succeed. Apply now!